Where am I at with this plant?

These are pics of a feminized bubblegum planted 6/11/2020…The flowers in the buds are very brown.Do I have cause for concern?

2 Likes

That’s normal. You want the hairs to turn an amber color like they are. I’ll let someone else that’s made it to harvest give you a timeframe on harvest. My guess is either now if you wanted or couple more weeks when a bit more of the orange sets in.

Hope this helps you out :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The brown pistils are totally normal. Harvesting depends on what you want like the pic above shows. It looks like it needs to fatten up and get a little more frosty and those brown pistils will start curling into themselves but always go by the trichomes.

2 Likes

I agree about the pistils…I’m talking about the other material in between the sugar leaves…The flowers are all dark brown…It’s hard to see in the pictures,I’ll try to post a pic that more clearly shows what I’m saying…I’m not talking about the pistils that are a nice rust color but,dark brown in between the leaves.

1 Like

If your calyces are turning brown it may be bud rot or bug damage.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m afraid of…Should I cut her down now or wait and see if it gets worse?

1 Like

Very hard to get a good close up…Yes,I have a magnifier attachment for my phone camera…This plant was topped way back when…Maybe July…The buds have little or no smell…and little bulk…Infected??cut it down or see what happens?

1 Like

I’m hoping I’m wrong but it looks like bud rot. I can’t be 100% without being there to see it. Here’s an article about it and you can judge for yourself. If it is just be careful because you can spread it to other plants. If it’s only on a few buds you can probably get rid of it… good luck

1 Like

What @MeEasy said. You can try cutting out the affected spots and what’s right next to them and letting her keep going. No guarantees you won’t get more, but it’s worth a shot.

1 Like

While cutting it out make sure you clean your shears and anything else with alcohol between cuts because one spore can grow

2 Likes

@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie, I totally looked right past that but yeah that doesn’t look normal, I’m obviously not an expert nor have I dealt with bud rot!

I’ve only dealt with it once myself. Luckily it was a small spot and didn’t spread, but I’ve seen it on here quite a bit. Especially lately with humidity rising.

1 Like

I know I’m nervous because I just chopped mine and they are hanging in my tent and the humidity here is slowly rising with the anticipation of rain but hot days again coming up. So at least now I know what it might look like!

1 Like

UPDATE: I cut off the infected buds,which were most of them and the biggest…I tried letting the remaining buds grow.They also became infected…I had to end it…Sucks…

1 Like

Damn I hate to hear that. That shit has taken out more plants this year than I’ve ever heard of in a single year :sob:

1 Like

That stinks… sorry man