When to use flowering plant food

How far into flower should I use ILGM flowering fertilizer. I flipped 16 days ago.

Are you monitoring runoff PPM? When you feed really depends on what is left in your soil at this point. Measuring PPM is the only real way to tell.

3 Likes

16 days into flower. I had to use Miracle Grow potting soil because of the supply chain BS. I’ve watered for 2 1/2 months no nutrients. I don’t know if that helps you, help me out. I don’t know how to measure PPM. This is my second time around, not too savvy.

To measure PPM you will need a TDS meter. They are relatively inexpensive. This is what I use.
TDS Meter Digital Water Tester, Lxuemlu Professional 3-in-1 TDS, Temperature and EC Meter with Carrying Case, 0-9999ppm, Ideal ppm Meter for Drinking Water, Aquariums and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DN9DRS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_YW6EB2YDSZ69XTCQ166P
Also, there are plenty of soils to choose from readily available on Amazon for future reference.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@Khaos850 I though ppm was only for hydro…How do I test my soil ppm?

Soil PPM is important as well and it should be ~1,000 for most of the grow.

Measure runoff PPM - that is, water your plant until you get runoff out the bottom of the pot. Collect that runoff in a saucer or container of some type. You then measure the PPM of the runoff water that you have collected.

3 Likes

If it’s got a lot of sediment in it, catch it in a bucket. You want at least an inch. Then shim up one side of the buckets and let it settle an hour. The sediment will be on the deep side. Use a small pipet or eye dropper to pull a sediment free sample. I use liquid reagent for my PH and KH tests so sediment always throws off the color charts. Or stick the meter probe on the clean side.

Don’t forget to rinse the bucket and pipet clean after or else the residue will ruin your accuracy. And clean the probe on the meter.

1 Like