When to use flower nutes

I have seen vertical growth stop aand no new sets of fan leaves. All I have are little burly ends on my stems. I assume this is the preflowers stage. When should I start the flower bites? Just a small few pistols at this time. NL auto 29 days old. Flower Power ferts. 309 watt Hydrowgrow. How far above the canopy? Thanks

1 Like

You should start the flower nutrients when you switch to 12-12 and back off on you grow nutrients at this time @Happy_Pappy

2 Likes

start you nutrients change in the Pre-flower stage. the pre-flower stage is when you switch to 12/12 AND then it takes 1-2 weeks to see bud development - this is when you start you flower time count down

2 Likes

I’m already 12/12. Wean off or just put it on her?

@steve2

So your saying to keep her vegging until I see the seed pods forming?

1 Like

no feed veg nutrient at1/2 strenght lets say it’s going to take 1 week to start to see bud site development: you are in pre-flower stage ;
’ day 1 - feed veg nutrients (at 1/2 strengh
day 2 - feed veg nutrients (at 1/2 strengh)
day 3 dry
day 4 water
day 5 bloom/flower nutrients (at 1/2 strenngh)
day 6 bloom/flower nutrients
day 7 water

Now that you are in “true” flower stage just use you bloom/flower nutrients nutrients you are using?

1 Like

I have the Flower Power. I also have a packet of boost. I have the downloaded feeding schedule but am quickly finding out is that not all suggestions are correct nor are all conditions the same. I’m am new to this so I ask alot of questions. First ever grow. Like a kid waiting on Santa.

1 Like

the amounts that they recommend are for dispensary/professional /comerical grows (many plants) not for the 1-4 plant guy, cut at least 1/2 if not 1/4 " Less is Best"

1 Like

I agree. Ive used it conservativley. It has worked well. Just trying to strike when the irons hot. We’ll get it figured out. Thank you for the reply.

Steve, what did you mean by flower time count down?

1 Like

once you go to 12/12 the 1st week or so is pre-flower (and not counted when counting "flower time for that strain)- once you see bud site development this is when you start to count (write down the date when you see this) So if a strain is /has 8 week flower time you would start counting week 1 ,2, 3

1 Like

Oh okay. I get it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have to be guided into proper brain direction occasionally. :joy:

1 Like