When to top. New grower

When do I top these new girls. 8 foot ceilings.

3 Likes

You can top them now if you want a lot of people top at the 5th or 6th node and some wait until there are 5 or 6 nodes then top it down at the much lower node to do mainline or other types of high stress training

2 Likes

Are they autos or photoperiod plants cause i just fim my auto u can top autos or rim them

Auto’s 4 or 5 node’s , photos I like to go 5 or 6 an maybe 7 Good luck

3 Likes

Auto, not sure, be careful.
Photo, 3,5 and 7th node more if you want. Just know you will be vegging longer. Throw breeder times out the window. Which you should do anyways!

4 Likes

I say top photos fim autos as there is less stress on a auto doing a fim. But if u top of do it 2 to 3 weeks after it pops up give it the week recovery before it flips to flower itself. I would not do anymore than top the auto if u do then 3 weeks after flip and u see the buttons all formed out then do a lollipop and defol on it if u watch it it will get the buttons then u’ll see a stall where it looks like nothing is happening for a cpl few days. That’s when u hit the defol and lolli. Good luck

2 Likes

I agree with @Mark0427 only because my FIMED auto did better than my topped. But my only LSTD auto did bettter than them both! Haha :grin:

That’s If these are autos. If photos like said above your good to top now! :+1:

3 Likes

Grow to 5-6 nodes and top to the 3rd.

1 Like

Photos bubba kush

Topped them and find one. See what happens.

1 Like

Got a new question. My plants leaves are almost 3 inches wide