When to switch to flowering?

When should I switch my indoor grow to flowering? What are the main indicators that she is ready? This is my first grow any tips/hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

2 Likes

You want to consider your growing space when determining when to flip. Plants will at least double in height when they transition to flower

4 Likes

Rule of thumb I use is when the canopy covers 50% of the grow space I flip but others factors can come into play like plant or tent height the plants will double in size so you want to make you will have the space

3 Likes

I agree with @AfgVet (Hi Vetty BTW!!!)
You can still do some training in full flowering but it should minimal.

1 Like

My tent is about 5 feet tall, my plant is already about 2’ tall in a 5 gallon bucket. So it sits almost 3 feet tall. Should I prune it down or switch to flowering? Sounds like it’s gonna get tight…

3 Likes

You can do some training to her to help with the height. Search LST for some ideas on tiring her down

2 Likes

Yep if no lsrt id flip yesterday and hope she dont grow into lights. Jeep it blasting to keep her low as possible for a bit keep the nodes tight. Or snap her neck and wait a few days for recoop and flip

1 Like

A picture would help

1 Like

What do you mean when you say train her? Like train the branches to grow out instead of up? I appreciate all the help and tips so far. You guys are great!

2 Likes

You should be good but you need to flip to flower if you haven’t already. I top mine for bout 2 and a half months then flip.

1 Like

Yes, you can do Low Stress Training (LST) by gently bending your tall branches over and securing them to the edge of you pot.

1 Like
1 Like

Awesome thanks for the info! Should I top my plant as well?

1 Like

I don’t do a flip as I run 12/12 start to finish. But if I was doing a flip, I would wait till the plant was about 1 1/2 feet tall. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I wouldn’t top it at this point. Usually want to top when they are younger. You plant will not have enough time to benefit from the topping

1 Like

Here’s what I got, let me know if I am messing things up.

3 Likes

See if you can go higher on the branch and bend it over more. Just be careful. You’ve got the idea of it though

1 Like

Okay, thanks a ton!

1 Like

So most of the branches are doing great with the lst, but one(the largest) started to tear! Just a little so I unhooked it and left it be. Seems to be fine but not sure if there is anything I can do to help it recover. As always I appreciate the advice!

1 Like

@MrJ2021 You can use aloe vera and tape. Like first aid tape that stretches. It will heal up if you give it time.

2 Likes