When to start scrog and slow growth?

It seems my plants are small for being 3 weeks into veg. Anyone can compare to this with plants around the same age? They’re planted in FFOF watered with RO and given Robert Bergans fertilizer…first feed of grow time was Dec. 19 with Ph of 6.0 and ppm of 400 (compared to recommended 750 ppm, didnt want to burn as OF soil tends to be hot) the run off for the left 2 plant was PH:6.52 PPM:977 (front left)
PH:6.85 PPM:905 (back left). Before I fed them the leaves were very droopy/sad looking since then they have perked up a bit. I wait till soil is completely dry/light colored compared to slightly dark and damp feeling(what I did my first grow and one of my plants died while other was unhealthy for last month of its life). Also before I started feeding them Bergmans fertilizer I lightly used calmag and some general hydroponics fertilizer. Temperatures tend to be on the colder side, ranging from 65 to 72 and RH has been mid thirties (getting another humidifier to up that to 50-60) I have 2 inline fans rated at 190 cfm with exhaust and intake. I have a carbon filter on the intake to give them cleaner air and no carbon filter on the exhaust for right now but will add one once they start to smell. Light wise I’m using a 460watt optic 4xl cobs dimmed to 30% with bloom enhancer turned off about 24inch from tallest plant. My girls are planted in 2 gallon smart pots from vivosun usually watered every other day with some runoff if not then when medium is completely dry. My tallest plant is 9 inches tall, when would be a good time to start scrog?

1 Like

I’m no expert but in my last 2 grows, it was between 2-3 weeks and my stems at dirt level were the size of a pencil. Looks to me like your on track. See if I can get someone more knowledgeable @kellydans @AAA @dbrn32

2 Likes

You can start whenever you like. The whole idea is to tie them down to the screen until it’s approximately 60% full, then flip lights and continue tying them down through the stretch. That’s the best way. The way I’m growing now, I can’t put them in the net until they are moved to flower.

3 Likes

You’ll probably want to top them if you are going to scrog them

4 Likes

Healthy looking plants off to a good start. Topping them and starting the spreading out process. As mentioned . Would be my first move.

2 Likes

They look great! Here’s mine at 3 weeks of veg total of about 5 as I am not counting seedling time… Everyones suggested great things to do already, I don’t have much to add there other than keep up the great work! :metal::+1:

3 Likes

Do you plan on training all 4 plants to same screen?

2 Likes

My GSC Beast was not even 1/10 the size of your plant for the first month. She ended up veg for 3 months. I just ran either a 14/10 or 12/12 light schedule. She has been my tallest plant and I give credit to the HLG lights.

@dbrn32 I am, I’m gonna be using 4inch square trellis netting for the first wave of training then later in the cycle I’m gonna add a second level of 6inch square netting for supporting/training the colas.

Just woke up to my plant looking droopy. The soil was dry so I watered it hopefully its bc of underwatering and I didnt just make it any worse.

1 Like

Hydro @ 3 weeks from seed

Looks similar

I have soil gimme a min

image image

2 Likes

You look spot on for 3 weeks

Fim don’t top.

I use tweezers to fim mine. Pinch out just the center most leaves with tweezers. This will cause the same reaction as topping but without too much recovery time

1 Like

I topped 3 of them and one got fimmed. If I remember correctly fimming creates 4 colas compared to 2 when topped?

No 2 also

Fimming comes from the topping technique

It’s shorthand for “fuck I missed” while topping

Meaning they didn’t cut low enough just the very end of the new growth

2 Likes

I’m probably not the best person to give advice on running screens, I don’t use that method. But you’ll want to make sure you leave a decent amount of room between the top of your pots and the screen. Multiple plants in same screen can be hassle to work with. The extra room will come in handy if you run into any issues.

1 Like