When to start LST?

You’ll learn so much from each of your grows as you progress, to me it’s the best hobby in the world!

I’d suggest just doing what you’re comfortable with this grow & focus on what the plant needs to stay healthy and thrive.

If you want to have a play around with some training, continue LST on one of your plants, and FIM the other, I’ve never topped an auto & many suggest not to. If you were going to FIM now would be the perfect time, look up done tutorial videos before doing so.

3 Likes

Well I tried it, now we wait :love_you_gesture:

@Connoisseur

2 Likes

Is it still a good idea to LST or just let them grow?
@Connoisseur

1 Like

Just wondering if it would benefit them more and if I should wait a few days to start the LST. There is plenty of room in the tent and I was hoping they would spread into the free space and bush out.

It always looks easy in the vids, right! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Great advice!

I would also recommend to pick on and try some techniques. I am on my second grow, and like you, am very nervous about fimming/topping. So I went with LST and have had some great, cross fingers, success so far. Not anywhere near harvest, but she is growing very well and so much better than grow one.

1 Like

Heck ya! You went for it!

Let her rebound a bit before trying anything else. Most people top/fim and lst.

Keep posted! :+1:

Next grow, I will definitely top or fim.

1 Like

Yeah, after watching the video it didn’t really seem like it would be too difficult to do. They seem to be doing good after. Not sure if I would see any effects yet or not. I will probably bend them and tie them down a bit in 3 days if they are still doing ok. Thank you for the replies back. @PP3121

1 Like

Fimmed my main stem at 30 days here she is at 64 days. She’s short but stocky

4 Likes

For my next grow, I will definitely gather up the courage :grimacing: to do this! I have seen what a difference topping/fimming makes!

Fantastic progress! :+1:

1 Like

Yes still a great idea to incorporate LST also. It will allow more light to penetrate in areas it would’ve have resulting in higher yield, and also increase airflow preventing any mould. :grin:

1 Like

Cool, will do. Here is a day after.

@Connoisseur @PP3121 @Budz420

2 Likes

Decided with the plant being fine after the fimming to go ahead with the LST. One plant has a hard stalk the other one has an almost squishy feel but I think both will work, hopefully. @Connoisseur @Budz420 @PP3121

4 Likes

2 Likes

Anyone in know if I should cut the giant fan leaves? @Oheeeoh @Connoisseur @Budz420 @PP3121

1 Like

Typically, I only remove healthy fan leaves if they are blocking lower nodes and tucking them under something isn’t available.

With a plant your size I wouldn’t cut more than 2 or 3 large ones in a day.

2 Likes

Agreed with @Oheeeoh. Additionally, your plant needs those to get max light for processing. I have removed very little. Others I have seen remove a lot. You can do one with removal and one without and compare results. Of course there are other variables as each plant is different.

As they grow, you will need to continually adjust the ties to keep them under control.

Continued success.

1 Like

They are your solar panels when he plants are in veg/ early flower. You might be able to get rid of inward growing fans - but your girls have a lot of growing to do first. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I usually do 3 weeks into flower to uncover all the bud sites that need light, I also feel like it helps promote the bud growth.
Others just tuck them under, so there’s a few options, maybe try each option on seperate plants and find what works best for you.

2 Likes

Is there a general limit on how many can be taken off at a time like @Oheeeoh had mentioned? Or just do whatever looks right? @Connoisseur