When to move seedlings outside

I’ll start getting them used to the sunlight then leave my deck growlights on until June 21st. Do you think I should transplant right into the 5 gal smart pot and skip the 2 altogether? I heard you will get more of a yield if you transplant right when it starts to flower as well. I hear so many different sides. I just want to be able to get a good yield off my plants. I’m only growing 6 plants this year and want them to yield well. Thank you and happy growing😀

1 Like

You really don’t have to worry about transplanting, you can do it as many times as you like. The people who don’t transplant are usually growing autos which don’t like any stress, but you’re growing photos, so just keep transplanting up if you like.

I’ve never heard of transplanting right before flower to increase yield, but it couldn’t hurt to try.

3 Likes

I know people who have had to transplant before flower but I would try to avoid it. When u flip them u stop root nutes and don’t want them concentrating on more root growth.

2 Likes

I agree with @raustin with it being OK but every time you transplant the plant has to kinda start over in its new environment, so it’s growth will slow down some, hurting the plant it will not…but if your gonna end up in a 5 gallon pot my next move would be to the 5 gallon…now that’s imo…doesn’t mean I’m right just been my past experience…it’s just hard not to damage a few root’s when you transplant …

2 Likes

I transplanted these on the 19th and they are growing very fast. I would really like to wait until a week or two before I transplant again but I’m worried they will be rootbound by then. I’ve never had a problem with transplanting my plants but these plants are growing so fast and I’m running out of space to put then until they go outside for good. The weather here in Mass is up and down frigging rain one day hot as hell the next and cold the next😩here is a pic of the tallest one and I do see roots through the bottom holes on most of my 7 plants.

1 Like

It’s in a 1 gal pot and it’s 4 weeks old from seed.

4 Likes

I agree w @Sittingbull64, your gonna need to transplant but make it the last time 5 gallonnor even 7 Fallon if your outside and it’s gonna be awhile vegging… good luck @Duke1

2 Likes

She looks good and healthy @Duke1

2 Likes

Ladies are looking good! All female🤗 I switched my deck lights to grow lights so they would not go into flower and it’s working. 06/21 lights will be gone.

3 Likes