When to lower my led light

I have a king plus 1200w led currently 33” from seedlings. I was told to start the light out high but not sure when to start lowering it. The directions say 24” here is a pic of one of the ladies

3 Likes

Well you can lower it since you have more fan leaves. If you’re worried about burning them do it gradually. Put your hand under it at that distance if it’s too hot it’s too close.

1 Like

I have at 1500w king and it is currently 1 foot about my flowering girls. I had them at 2 feet during veg/early flowering.

1 Like

I am definitely a noob but one thing I have learned (still learning on my first grow) is how light intensity can affect node spacing. If the plants have all the light they want the nodes will be close together and the plants will be bushy. If the plants have to stretch for the light a little the opposite happens. Everyone has their preference. As @Pizmopete says you don’t want to burn them.

3 Likes

Exactly and you want as many nodes and branches as you can. We are trying to replicate the sun, so the more light penetration the better. I grow them 24/7 for 30 days then flip to 12 /12 . Hydro and lights will give you fast and larger growth.

six plants at Thirty days.

3 Likes

I usually wait until I see 3-4 nodes for branches before I lower & I keep my lights 2’ away. LED blurple is intense I don’t try to get any closer. What’s more important is the age to lower. If I were you I’d wait a bit longer until you see enough growth to 1. Top, FIM, or LST,
2. Notice signs of additional or initial branch formation.
Elsewise they are too young to handle CLOSE LED.
Just an opinion:
Check my journal.

1 Like

My LEDs are 3’-4’ away from plants in this picture. I’m pushing 5070w equivalent. LEDs are cheaper 285w
Panels. Supposedly 2000w LMAO. Anyway. They work just fine and the little 1000w gave me a solid QP of Blue Dream after severe nite burn and several rookie mistakes. I keep trying and even though I feel I missed something to make it better. The outcome is always decent. Just don’t get too indulged in care. “It’s a weed”
Happy growing and welcome to the forum