When to light my AKs?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

I’m new at this, I’ve started An A-K 48 from germaniting a seed with the glass of water and paper towel method now my little lady is has been in the soil for 1 month today, & is around 8 inches tall doing great, I have her on a 18 & 6 lighting schedule, & now I’m lost of what to do next. Don’t know when to change the light schedule

1 Like

If you have been in soil for 4 weeks from sprout you still have at least two weeks of veg left and they should actually start taking off soon
With photo seeds the first two weeks min is considered sprout/seedling stage and then you would start counting veg weeks
You can veg them longer by keeping them under 18-6 schedule most of us veg min 4 weeks or. more

6 Likes

Simplest way to look at it is every extra week can be more weight but flip when plants are roughly a bit less than half as large as your space and lights can accommodate :wink:

4 Likes

@ILGM.Zoe how long are these plants in veg, I agree with everything @Countryboyjvd1971 says.

1 Like

@Johnzy81 zoe works for the forum and is posting the question for a customer who has not decided to join the forum yet no need to tag her just a friendly FYI

3 Likes