When to know when to turn on

Hey everyone,
Doing my grow in auto pots for the first time. The plants have been in the auto pots for about a week. I know everyone says two weeks before you turn the water on. Is there anything that will happen if you turn it on too early? I am top feeding still but just want to make sure I am ready.

2 Likes

Recommended:

You really won’t hurt anything turning on too soon assuming you watch and make sure plant doesn’t start wilting. If you need to top feed be careful not to overflow the tray.

No harm, I’ve put my plants in pots in the auto pots at week one. I go from 12-14 days as a seedling, top feed 1 week then into the pots several times :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Now I know who to tag when we see an autopot problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Appreciate that Brother! How’s the little one recovering?

2 Likes

She’s doing great. The new tops are growing like wildfire. I think I am going to transplant her later this morning.

1 Like

Good to hear, going to 5 gallon or larger?

1 Like

10 gal fabric pots

1 Like

Sweet, going to be a beast in that size. I’m going out of town for 6 days right at week 1 of flower…got a feeling it’s going to be a jungle when I get home Sunday :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I imagine it will. I hope you have someone to look after them. They grow very fast at that stage and will be very thirsty.

2 Likes

My biggest issue is temps and RH. Hitting 98 and 100 here this week with the humidity in the high 70s. My lung room dehumidifier is working overtime and fills up about every 6 hours. Showed the wife how to dump it and I topped off the reservoir so hopefully no problems :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Here too. The real bad heat doesn’t hit here until tomorrow, though it is going to be 94F today. I’ll probably have to start running a fan since my AC won’t keep up at those temps.

1 Like

:point_up_2: my house AC is struggling and I have a window unit in the garage that’s running 24/7. What a flipp’n heat wave. Hold it down Brother, headed out to work before I make the 6 hour drive to Atlanta for the week :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I start mine in solo cups, then transplant into the xl bags it helps to speed the process a bit

1 Like