When to introduce nutes?

Was wondering when to introduce nutes (basically, when does veg start)? I’ve heard after 3rd node and the feed chart i have has different strengths depending on stage and week20201017_101014

1 Like

Feeding depends on which nutes you are using and it’s a preference thing I’m sure you will get 20 different responses on feeding schedule. I’m growing with living soil now so I don’t feed until I switch to flower. With liquid nutrients I would start feeding about week three from time they break the surface, once you get your second set of multi fingered leaves. Again it depends on what you are feeding, my favorite was fox farm trio

2 Likes

It really comes down to what soil you’re using. A lot of soil mixes will have everything you need to make it through the veg stage.

2 Likes

I’ve only done 2 grows but with the help of everyone on here I didn’t introduce nutrients until the TDS out was below 800ppm on the 2nd grow and it worked great (and saved money not using nutes unnecessarily. I used Recipe 420 Soil. A good TDS meter will help.

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to mention i use flora trio series with cal mag and I’m growing in coco

1 Like

I don’t do coco so my ignorance is showing again. I know coco has no nutrients and you need to start feeding really soon after they get going but that’s my entire knowledge of coco. I think it’s time to start now but don’t listen to me lol lookin good so far good luck with em

2 Likes

In coco you should be ready to go with nutes

1 Like

I was thinking so. I have been doing pH tap water, but with the growth I was ready to up it

Thanks, I used this one for my Blueberry and NL grows but I switched to a different one because I was getting some issues on those grows

this is the one

Ahhh that makes a difference. I’ve not grown in coco either.

2 Likes