When to harvest when unable to see trichomes?

Hi all. This is by far the most buds I have ever grown. Do to a disability my hands are super shaky. I have not been able to find a set up that works for me. So, I must decide when to harvest based on the white hairs start getting rusty in color.
And if you are thinking autos tell you exactly when to harvest. After a bunch of folks on here suggested doing so I have begun to ignore the “auto timetable.”
Back to my original issue, is it time or past time to harvest.
I have attached a few pictures. The last close-up s the very top bud.

3 Likes

You can always go on Amazon and search for a usb magnifying scope…they make them where shaky hands will be the least of your worries…they also make some that are fairly cheap in price but high in quality

If not possible you can rig your phone to a “homemade selfie stick”, set it somewhere stable and place it as close as possible to the bud you’re trying to check…or chop a small portion and set it in front of your camera to check using only the zoom to avoid the shakes

Shaky hands are a prob for a lot of people but ingenuity overcomes this with anyone including us “disabled”….

As far as your plant goes I still see some white pistols and they sure do look like they could get even fatter than they already are. Based solely on the pictures provided another week or more

Looks really good tho

4 Likes

inserts obligatory two more weeks comment

Sorry about the shaky hands. Mine aren’t so steady myself anymore so I feel ya. It’s a struggle trying to take pictures with the jewelers loupe lol

I’m no pro, just finished my first harvest but yours look great. Welcome to the forums and I’m sure you’ll get lots of good advice

2 Likes

@ThermoNukePanda :rofl::facepunch:t2: I didn’t wanna be the 2 week guy again

4 Likes

@grizZz Don’t worry, I’ll be that guy for everybody with a smile and a wink… and obviously wait for someone more knowledge :sweat_smile:

Someone like this @PurpNGold74 … dude is loaded with info and any indoor grows I refer to him he prolly can’t stand it :rofl:

1 Like

Like the others said at least 2 more weeks.

2 Likes

It’s funny, because it’s a joke and it’s not at the same time in a lot of cases lol

1 Like

Add some more lights to illuminate the calyx and take a better picture, looks to have a ways to go from the pistols and bud development, but I can’t see very well.

2 Likes

It looks like allot of white hairs and kinda fluffy I’d say 4 more weeks min

Week 4 and week 3 from ending

2 Likes

I have the same issue for a diff reason. LOL I got this and it works perfect. Wifi microscope 30.00 amazon and a desk microphone stand 10.00 amazon.

3 Likes

No guesses no messes

1 Like

I have some shaky ass hands as well. I suggest these if you want to view your trichs.
Amazon.com : Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope, Mini Camera with OTG Adapter and Metal Stand, Compatible with Mac Window 7 8 10 Android Linux : Camera & Photo?encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=6d75ad7784d5d3f545e66a9435214b36&hsa_cr_id=4894493220101&ref=sbx_be_s_sparkle_scm_asin_0_img&pd_rd_w=RYyeP&pf_rd_p=22aaccd3-32f1-4e8a-8b82-495782857be5&pd_rd_wg=dq9JF&pf_rd_r=Y4TBP16WQC4M07CE1XAR&pd_rd_r=dbec5645-f372-4ead-8240-cc91310cbb97#
Amazon.com: GLEAM Tripod Boom Microphone Stand - Mic Stand with Carrying Bag (Tripod): Musical Instruments
I’m able to get some good pics with these. The scope fits perfectly in the microphone holder

4 Likes

My links pasted weird, sorry, lol. But yeah @Audiofreak had the same idea as well

This can help you determine when exactly you want to harvest buddy. Good luck and nice job!

1 Like

I think it need longer. I am going by the pistols. I can see the trichomes but just barely. I can’t tell if they are milky or not.

Ms.