When to harvest crops

Help !! I don’t know when to harvest? Do I wait until all the little hairs die off ??

4 Likes

Good evening. Yes the pistols will turn amber and turn into the bud. After that happens you need to check the trichomes. :blush::v:

4 Likes

You’ve got a while to go. You can figure 10-12 weeks for flowering most of the time.

5 Likes

Get yourself an eyeloop or pocket microscope and check the trichomes. If you cannot for whatever reason get one. Then go off the hairs. If it has stopped pushing pistils and everything has turned orange give it a week or 2 and chop it. But its really the trichomes you should judge off.

3 Likes

A cheap usb microscope can go

a long way

6 Likes

This is from a $70 Amazon Microscope. Shoots in 8k video as well

4 Likes

Nice images but kinda pricy. They can be had for about $30

3 Likes

I had the $30 pen style microscopes and the applications to operate them had no support and i couldnt get the scope to pair with my phone after the first few times i used it. Other than that i loved it. I went this route because it has multiple lenses up to 2k x magnification and 8k video.

2 Likes

The video thing is cool.
I’ve been happy with the cheapo guy so far. I’m too shaky for a standard jewelers loop.

1 Like

You want to wait until nearly all the white hairs have turned brown and receded back into the calyx’s then start checking trichomes for cloudy to amber color. Looking at your picture you have a long way to go. Could be as much as 6 more weeks, could be as little as 4,but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Wow ! Thank you

2 Likes

Those are awesome pictures. Do you use a microphone stand to get those? :blush::v:

The bud will get much bigger and fatter. Once all the pistils turn brown, or at least 95%, then start checking the trichomes on the flowers. The trichs on the little leaves in the buds will turn cloudy and amber long before the bud is really ripe. But the little flowers are what you are concerned with.
The bud should look like this with few white pistils left before you start checking the trichomes…

1 Like

Good example from Spiney. Here’s another one. This came down about 5 days later.

3 Likes

1 Like

Just fyi, that video is for plants that are CBD producers. CBD peaks earlier than THC and you want to harvest earlier than we tell everyone for the usual strains.
If you are growing Harlequin, or something like Blueberry CBD which has almost no THC then that video is perfect.
Or, If you want a more energetic high then harvest early before you see any amber Personally I like Amnesia Haze harvested early. Its very much like 70s weed but a good deal stronger.

2 Likes

$30 right now. Love this thing. Wireless. You can cast it right into your phone or laptop and see real time.

3 Likes

Thank you! I bought it

3 Likes

You will like it @bigdan528 I have it also. Had to buy a mic stand also. I couldnt hold it steady.

3 Likes

That’s the one I have

3 Likes