When to flower after topping

There is an auto there and yes some old nute burn but please disregard as it is my first grow. The question is around topping. How much longer before I can go into flower schedule and still get good/best results?
Bigup @Majiktoker

1 Like

If you just topped them and you are eager to go into flower , I would wait at least a week before doing so… that goes for transplanting as well… I like to wait at least a week after transplanting or topping before throwing my babies into flower so they have some time to recover… you could wait two weeks also but that also depends on how much room you have …but your ladies are looking good… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If you can handle the wait, 10-14 days would be good before flowering.

Watch the plants growth, you don’t want any stress related slow growth happening.

You must give her time to recover at least two weeks ok

Will

1 Like

@peachfuzz you have no idea how good that comment makes me feel.
@garrigan62 darn it you just want me to have great yields (shakes fist!)

But what about the early stretch in flower? Doesn’t that just take care of things?

You want her healthy and growin strong when you put her into flower. You wouldn’t send in a hurt player in a big game if you were the coach would you?

4 Likes

Alright I can feel it I will bench the ladies for 5-7 more days. Darn you are all so convincing!
@Hawkeye_diesel

Looking great buddy, can’t wait to see how well you do, I’m thinking of 12/12 on mine next week end, she’ll be 6/7 week’s & it’ll be 2 weeks after fimming and 3 weeks since topping her, so I can’t wait to see how she does, really well done with yours buddy

1 Like

@darren I think given my lack of skills in the gardening department I agree I’m doing great although you have the trophy for first time grows in my eyes.

Perhaps we should have a first time grow bud of the month challenge?

Not me and you but the site in general (lol cause you would beat me)

1 Like

I definitely think it’d be a fun challenge buddy, come on then me and you, how old is yours? How many have you done ? I’m really trying so hard to read all that I can and take all the advice I can get on here to get it right, I think a friendly challenge would be fun :smile:

1 Like

My first grow is this one:
6 plants
3 Acapulco gold
1 blueberry
1 ak47
1 skunk #1

3 Likes

Great mix, I was trying for gold leaf and durban poison but I got as far as getting roots with the gold leaf but they died when I put them in soil ,out of 3 durban poison seeds i tried my girl is the only one that made it, that’s another reason I want the clones to be successful, to make up for the one’s that died,I am glad that mine seems to be doing well but I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch, no what I mean, but I would really like to get a decent amount, it’s cost me loads so far, and the idea is for it to save me money in the long run and end up with the best quality smoke , omg it’s so cool that we have people from all over the world on this site, it’s great

1 Like

Id wait a couple weeks before flowering

1 Like

Gave mine 3 weeks after fimming and they had recovered and started growing like wild by the time I switched.

6 Likes

They are looking proper sweet

1 Like

The smell is starting to really take over the whole grow room also time for a new carbon filter soon

2 Likes

I can’t wait till mine starts smelling, I love that smell

2 Likes

I have the veg smell strong. Never smelled the latter stages…can’t wait!!!

1 Like

I think I’m going to be sitting in my grow room all the time when they start smelling, I can’t wait

2 Likes

Yes i do. That why i’m here to help you to get the best and most and i never steer anybody wrong.

Give your lady time and you will be rewarded

Will

4 Likes