When to fertilize seedlings

I purchased the fertilizer package. Being the newbie I am I put my seedlings in Miracle Grow potting soil. When will I need to start fertilizing?

1 Like

Almost never in Miracle Grow. It’s chocked full of nutrients. It, like some others, is known as “hot” meaning it’s already loaded with nutes. Some have great results with it, though! Can’t remember who some are, or is tag them for you. Just a little tidbit, not sure if it helps. Happy Growing!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll keep an updated posting as I grow.

1 Like

Lots of really, REALLY good people here that will steer you in the right direction. I’m pretty darn new myself and have found that patience is key. Good luck!!

1 Like

Well here we are 7 days in to it. I began this venture on the 14th of August. This is how they look now. I figure I’d leave them in the cups another two weeks then transplant. Not sure what soil to go with. Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks

3 Likes

Being in starter cups you may be ok. You want to use a cannabis friendly soil when you transplant.

Fox Farms
Coast of Maine
Mother Earth

There are many popular brands. Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and as they said being they’re in the starter cups hopefully they haven’t/won’t cause root/nute burn. As soon as you can (probably not couple weeks more because once roots established they’re going to be looking to draw up nutes for the PLANT…i’d put them into forever homes. Are these autoflowering? you want to go straight into 3,5,7 gallon or whatever size your FINAL container would be as they stress easily when transplanting so you want to do it ONCE as seedlings like this :wink: Good, basic FREE OF ANYTHING potting soil from local coop or gardening store is best and to amend it either with “lines” of brand nutrients or like some of us are doing with “living soil” and compost teas to compliment that system/style of growing. All natural organic like the Good Lord intended it :wink:

2 Likes

Let me handle this… @Dr.ofSmokology You’re presence has been requested “miracle man”

@MsgtMf If you do a search for “fully medicated” you’ll find his threads. He works miracles in MG. Hence the nickname I’ve given him

3 Likes

thanks @Calizona
@MsgtMf if you havent put them into their forever homes yet i would recommend transplanting into a cannabis friendly soil. if their forever homes is MG then dont panic. your ok. the fact that they have sprouted while being in the MG shows they can handle it for now. read some of my threads. i explain what i have done while using MG. might be some hints on watering that will work for you to. ill be tagging along here if ya dont mind. keep me posted.

3 Likes

Thank you kind friend.

2 Likes

no problem at all. cant with sound conscience push the use of MG. even with the success ive had. after the snub off response i got from them as a response to an email pertaining to its use with cannabis and my success ive had. i couldnt even get a free bumper sticker from them. after this grow im going to be done with that nonsense.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group.

My first time as well.

I started with Fox Farms Happy Frog and Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

1 Like

I’m making it my mission to make you a sticker. You deserve it. But if you make a switch to coco or soil, you’re going to be a force to be reckoned with! If you do what you do in mg…?!?

4 Likes

Look out @Hellraiser - @Dr.ofSmokology is coming for the throne.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha thats a good one @Graysin only thing im coming for is the best buds i can grow for myself and the wife. although @Hellraiser and @Cannabian and @kaptain3d (just to name a few) and soooo many others here have had harvest that i do strive for. they set the bar high for me to keep reaching.

4 Likes

That’s a fact. If we couldn’t see what all the excellent growers could achieve, I’d think it wasn’t possible and would probably just deal with dispensary prices forever.

1 Like

Thanks to all for the great advice! I’ll be transferring these babies in about two weeks to 5gal fabric pots using neutral soil from my local gardening shop. I’ll keep up with the posts as long as there’s something to post. Once again, thanks🤓

1 Like

when u transplant dont immediately start feeding nutes as there will be enough left in the soil with the roots. id say just water for a few days to use up whats left then start with your brand of nutrients from then on.

Will do! Thanks again for being here.

Mike

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, yes MG is taboo to the cannabis community due to the time release nutrients particularly nitrogen and the inability to control the release. @Dr.ofSmokology has rocked it, and I grew my first grow with MG but it was a struggle. My suggestion for a 1st timer is an organic coco blend, it’ll have a the essential nutrients in it. Great for seed starting and a water feed only for several weeks. This will give you an opportunity to observe the growth, top and LST if you go that route before deciding on a nutrient line. I use Jacks 321 nutrient line for its simplicity and consistency :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes