When to feed clones

So i opened my dome and checked for roots and one of them is showing roots so i will transplant today, Do i just water it ? or should i feed it. I have Sensi Grow A&B if that’s Possible to use on clones, And how much should i be feeding, it says 1mL per liter for seedings and cuttings, Would like some
help thanks !

1 Like

Clones are to be treated as adults when fully rooted (they are sexually mature) but best to start out with low TDS like 250ppm or so before ramping up.

2 Likes

so should i feed it 1mL per liter which is 2 since i feed with a 2L bottle. ?

You might even go 1/2 ml per 2 liter bottle. First feeding. But you would be much better off using a digital TDS meter to get the desired strength.

Something like this is less than $15 and worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/Dumsamker-Professional-Temperature-0-9999ppm-Aquariums/dp/B07H578WWT/?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

forgot to mention im using happy frog so im pretty sure i dont feed the first 4-5 weeks.

1 Like

Yeah, a 1/4 dose would be good to start as the clones will need to root more in the new soil before doing any real growing. Got any Voiodoo Juice? That stuff really helps the roots grow like crazy.

2 Likes

nah that’s something i need to buy for my next cycle of grow just trying out this clone.

I use good old-fashioned ‘Rooting Powder’ (Home Depot) and Superthrive (same place, B-vitamin) in water.

2 Likes

Some people don’t feed for a while when using Happy Frog but I do. I feed in very small doses to start like the 1/4 dose we recommended. Now Ocean Forest soil, that stuff doesn’t need any feeding for a month or more.

1 Like

i let it go by just watering it for a couple weeks and see how it does.

1 Like

So… if I take a clipping from a six eeek old “mother” plant, once that roots fully developed (either in a rooting ball or a cloner), that I should start feeding this youngster with the formula from my Fox Farm feeding guide?

I mean from the Week 6 formula!

I feed my clones same as garden gets.

I want the best for them, always.