When to cut back light for autos?

Looking for advice on a leaf browning issue.
What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) AK47, White Widow, Bubble Gum (Yes, the beginner starter pack)
-Age of plant/7 weeks
-Method: Organic
-Vessels: Pots,
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) Don’t know, how do I measure?
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable. I have not added fertilizer yet as it is in the potting soil
-Method used to measure PH and TDS. How do I do this
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space. Converted shed 8’x12’,
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other 2-600 W Led
-Actual wattage draw of lights-
-Current Light Schedule 17/7
-Temps; Day, Night 80-90/65-75
-Humidity; Day, Night - High 75-90
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size ,fan in shed
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no, fan only
-Co2; No

It is summer on the East Coast temperatures will range from 65 to 100. Growing in a shed that is not climate controlled. Plants are currently seven weeks old. Appear mostly healthy although there has been some leaf browning that I believe is due to nutrition. Hopefully I have rectified that situation. Currently running 18 hours of light, six hours darkness with both bloom and veg lights on the LEDs. Wondering if there is a sign or when I should start cutting back the light or if the plants will start budding as soon as I do.

Appreciate any advice available.

Autos will flower when they want independent of the light cycle, though some stubborn autos that take >6 weeks to flower can sometimes be encouraged to flower by going 12/12.

I would run the lights at full power for 18 hours a day given your lighting. They should flower some time between 4 and 9 weeks. It seldom takes them longer.

This year I started running veg at 14/10. When I put them into flower, I’ll just switch to 12/12. Photos will start to pre flower with in a few weeks. Autos do their own thing.

Light cycle has NO EFFECT on AUTOS.Thats ‘the whole point’ of ‘AUTOS’… :wink:

At 7 weeks old those just do not look like autos. I have seen more than a couple of threads lately with “autos” from ILGM that are late to flower.

2 Likes

I have had some begin to flower in as few as 22 days and some took as long as 40. Earliest was GSCA and longest was a WWA…I ‘think’…even in their natural environment it will vary from plant-to-plant and strain-to-strain.‘Ma Nature’ does what ‘she’ wants to do…even with genetically modified plants… :wink:

Thank you. Looking back at my seeds, they are not auto. So seven weeks in should I start cutting back on the hour of light?

You may want to consider cropping/bending your plants to prepare for the stretch phase of flower with your limited amount of headroom left at this point on a few of them. Those 2 in the back seem like they’ll make it lol. I had a sativa dominant strain in my yard and was femming it often hoping to keep them lower than my 6’ fence and they still exceeded 8’ by harvest lol. :man_shrugging:

1 Like