When to chop and start flush?

New grower here. Got some sour diesel autos from ilgm. Just wondering what my next steps should be for this lil lady? Currently in week 6 of flower. Any advise would be awesome. Thanks

3 Likes

Hang tight for now, you have a ways to go yet. Look for all the pistils to turn brown. Good idea to watch the trichs at this point. The buds will swell and the pistils will recede. Chop when trichs are how you want them.

4 Likes

Agree with Eagles…looking good…here’s a comparison pic for you…I’m at about 6th day of flush that I do with just water…I look everyday now for cloudy/beginnings of amber…at that point it’s time

I think your still couple/few weeks away,nice

3 Likes

A user with great Knowledge !! Was getting ideas of cameras to add to phone for this. =)

1 Like

You’re too kind!

I’ve tried a few gadgets. I always end up back on my 60x loupe. Others love the camera attachments and microscopes though. Im just…challenged :yum:

1 Like

If you had to pick for a first timer camera for phone product. What would you suggest thats not to $ cheap but not so expensive as i would want to upgrade. I was going to get to this in my grow but i enjoy watching others grow and learn. Saw you post and bam thats my ? for the day =)

1 Like

I’m sorry friend, I got nothing. I’ve returned every gadget because I couldn’t make them work. I’d just be recommending something at random

Just to see what options are out there. Go to the play store & down load cozy ( best one I found) & download it. I have a heck of a time trying to hold my phone still enough to get a good pic but I’m old. I bought one of the microscopes from amazon & same thing can’t hold it still long enough, so I built a tripod thing to hold the scope still. I think I’m going to get another mic. from amazon but this time a wireless one if you jiggle the phone the cord disconnects & you start all over again.

1 Like

Man thank you so much for this! I will go check it out, i got one off Amazon for 20 today. It will be here tomorrow! I will return it if the app works out better, also i can let you see the pictures from the 20$ one tomorrow. Ill tag you in my grow if you dont mind.

1 Like

sure & thanks for the tag. I think if you like the phone one it was $1.99 to get it advertisment free. Or keep looking at the ad’s & its free.

1 Like

Tagging you now! I dont know how old you are since you said “but i am old” no no that is super hard. I took a couple but you need to hold your breath to get a decent. Hard stuff.

1 Like

70 years young

3 Likes

In 30s , so no the app isnt because your old =) its super hard for me so that means im old too =) Rock on

2 Likes

Maybe both youse need to be holding a toke while getting that footage - helps me be less jittery. Also I’m a fucking terrible photographer anyhow so it’s not like I’m gonna get worse!

2 Likes

Also I agree with everyone - you got time on these. At least a couple of weeks. There’s a lot of clear trichs there and no amber.

I’m growing ILGM Sour D photos right now and by the looks mine are a little further along than yours and I’m still planning another 10 days at least. Probably more.

nice looking plants though. I know I’m excited af to smoke this shit.

1 Like

Do you wait until all the pistols are colored? Can there be some white ones? My autos have 2 full weeks left (12weekgrow) & almost all pistols are amber. Trics are still getting milky. Just wondering :thinking: Will take a good look at the trics again tomorrow.

@THCdizzle619 im in love with your trics
Great pics :+1: :green_heart:

1 Like

I found my answer. Thanks.

Do you water the last 2 weeks of flowering r let them dry out?
I’ve read both & my plant looks like your pic. Just curious :green_heart::raising_hand_woman:t2:

Here’s what I do,once the pistils(white long hairs) go about 50% red, Wich for me seems about week 6ish, I flush one time with Florakleen from General Hydroponics, then after that I water with straight tap water for remainder until Trichomes are milky/amber and then cut them down…I don’t do 48hrs of dark,I don’t flush with ice,my method is to keep it as simple as possible…I’ve watered one day and next day harvested,I’ve flushed for 3 weeks one time until they were done…my advise is like me when I started,keep it simple as can be, perfect or get good at that, about 4 grows then start to slowly experiment, or you may notice like myself that your program is dialed in…everyone has there system and beliefs,mine work for me,

1 Like