When to change nutrence to bloom outdoor

@Drillbit Yeah they are all femenized seeds. So just wait for the hairs there to be developed more, before switching to bloom nutes? What tops 4+ weeks till switch?
Thanks
Nic

1 Like

Yes, I’d give it a while to start bloom nutes till you start seeing the hairs multiplying rapidly. This tells you it’s going into full flowering stage. When you know it’s transitioned, that’s when I start using bloom nutes. Just keep sending pics and someone will let you know when its time.

1 Like

A plant can show it’s sex a full month before flowering stage. You wanna wait on the nutes till one week into full flowering stage.

1 Like

Until a plant has actual flowers it is still growing and needs grow nutes. I have noticed quite a few growers have had nutrient deficiency issues appear immediately after the flip to flowering and I believe it stems from switching to flowering nutes to early. Preflowers do not need flower food, they are there to indicate that the plant is getting ready to flower. I keep feeding veg nutes for 2 weeks after the flip or until real flowers start to appear, I also keep using my metal halide through the flip to help limit the stretch. As the plant really starts to flower around 2 weeks after the flip is when I transition to flowering nutes. Keep in mind that a flowering plant is still growing and still has a need for nitrogen albeit a smaller need .We just ramp up the available P and K to supplement the flowers.

1 Like