When to change light time

When is the time to go into the flowering light dchedule

1 Like

You can start after 6 weeks of veg growth but you can keep in veg longer but then space becomes an issue . And if it is an autoflower then 20-4 is a good light schedule otherwise 12/12 is what you need.

2 Likes

Tank you rexx–dapope

1 Like

You can flip them earlier than 6 weeks if you need to. You basically want to switch to 12/12 depending on your growing environment (space). Do you have a pic of your plant(s) and grow space?

1 Like

Great advice. You can veg a photo to whatever height your tent can hold. Autos will go into flower when theyre ready regardless of lights on time.

2 Likes

Im with @Bogleg on you can switch them earlier then six weeks
And that it all depends on space
Imo min 4 weeks before you switch tho
I usually switch my plants when they get around 20-24 “ tall but im restricted by 7 foot max hieght minus lights etc i try to keep my plants around 4-5 goot tall max hieght
I go by size not age in determining when to switch to flower
I also run a 18-6 max or lower for my autos and 16-8 veg for my photos 12/12 in flower photos and autos

2 Likes

That really depends on you. And how big you want your plants cause you can keep them in vegg for a long, long time but when they start to show flower it’s time to switch but with Auto’s light schedule don’t really matter.

Will joint

1 Like

Beware of flowering stretch: I switched my Northern Lights plant at 21" (soil to tip) high and by the time it was done it stretched to 44". Some strains stretch more. It’s very bad to run out of room if you have a ceiling and lights to deal with.

I switch mine at 4-5 weeks depending on how tall my girl is. Sativas tend to grow taller then Indicas. It’s just a matter of how much room you have.