When to change light cycle for SCROG?

I think my 6" squares ended up okay because I had topped the 4 plants 4 times by the light cycle change. Probably not the most efficient method, but I had more bud sites than I needed and had to cut some out.

1 Like

I disagree since my last grow with all Sativa’s was 8.5 weeks from light cycle change for a Strawberry Cough. It may take shorter or longer, I think it just depends on the environment plus the strain. Type of light, RH, temps can all change your flowering timescale.

1 Like

I wanted to get as close as possible to 85% and flip. Then keep tucking after flip to fill the rest in as the pros here have all mentioned. Lol.
Still on my first grow and winging the hell out of it. :joy:

3 Likes

Well Chef…it looks like your wings have spread across the table quite nicely :sunglasses::v::heart:

3 Likes

I’ve invested so much time in this first grow bro. Flipping on Friday and am a nervous wreck for the flower phase :joy:

Hoping all my countless hours reading and learning pays off in the end. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

It will brother…i know you have a good game plan and we all know they gonna change. Just roll with it and make yoir adjustments…you gonna kill it. Tag me in when your up and going :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

Could be, just been my experience.

2 Likes

Im doing maui now…in mid week 8 and looks like a couple more to go…unless they change quickly.:sunglasses::v::heart:

Hey brother how many plants do you have under that scrog. Looks saweeet! You’re also gonna have a tent full. What are you growing in? :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

There’s 6 amnesia haze under the net. I’m in ffof/ffhf 70/30.
I see all these beautiful bud pics on here and can’t wait to see it happen in real life lol.
It’s been a wild ride so far. Hopefully all goes well to the finish line. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for stopping by bro!:call_me_hand:

1 Like

looks sweet! ive been eyeing that material at work, thinking it would be ideal to start with. we use it as temp fencing etc. Nice growing chef !

1 Like

Really appreciate that bro! There’s 2 different kind of that fencing. First stuff I bought(orange) was very sharp so I took it back. This green stuff is a little rounded over on the edges. Lol

3 Likes

Orange all ive seen here. I like the green style you have. Durable and effective. I think its awesome how youve done it! May look to see if hd or lowes has that here. Nice work brother.:+1:t4:

2 Likes

Lowes has it bro. 4’ x 50’

2 Likes

Seems awesome for veg spreading. 6" in veg is useless i say. @The_Chef , feel free to post anything you like over on my PR’s continuing grow adventures and member’s hub, using like an info hub as well as my grow stuff. Others may be interested in this. My journal is a free for all type thing!

1 Like

With that configuration are you moving your net upwards as the plant grows vertically, or does it stay where it is until the end?

1 Like

With that type of netting do you cut the plastic for harvest day? Seems like it would be detailed cutting.

1 Like

After the stretch I’ll put a trellis net in to hold the colas from falling. Hopefully :joy:

Everything should be nothing but colas above the mesh when the stretch is over. Hopefully I’ll be snipping lots of individual FAT bud stalks🤞

2 Likes