When to change light cycle for flowering

So far plants are just forming bud sights, when do I need to change from 20/4 light cycle to a 12/12? Plants right now are about five weeks and 38 ish days.

4 Likes

The dark green color indicates excessive nitrogen, the drooping leaves are most likely from over or under watering. If it is an auto there is no need to switch your hrs to 12/12. Autos flower just fine on 20/4.

4 Likes

She is full into flower now.

3 Likes

Autos don’t care about the light cycle as far as flowering goes. I would stick with 18/6 until harvest.

4 Likes

There’s no need to switch the light schedule when growing autoflower plants. It is time to increase the light intensity unless you already have it set up for flower

1 Like

I’m with @2GreenThumbs looks like your plant has nitrogen toxicity.

How do you reduce the nitrogen? It’s in happy frog soul… that’s too hot? How can I reduce this and help them? Also what does that cause later down the road and any way to fix the happy frog soil so this doesn’t happen again???

2 Likes

Are you keeping a check on the PH? And Happy Frog shouldn’t be to hot. What are you feeding them?

1 Like

Only water nothing else and soon the fox farm grow big nute. Should I flush the soil?

2 Likes

What is your water PH?

Honestly not sure right off. I’ve been using purified bottled water.

1 Like

You need to be around 6.5-6.8 for ph. Your probably experiencing Nutrient lockout. I would flush it with some Ph’ed water. Usually 3x the size of the container it’s in.

2 Likes

Sound like he had t. Fed anything but water so far. Ur gonna need a pH meter for sure before feeding nutes as the mix must be PhD or won’t work. 6.5 for soil and 5.8 for coco. Ur also gonna wanna make sure u get a bottle of calmag to add with the feed or not too long u will experience more issues. Good luck welcome and stay lit