When to Begin the Flush

I’m seeing people like cutting nutrients about 2 weeks before maturing. How do you tell when you are about 2 weeks out?
Here’s the plant I’m thinking I should cut nutrients on but I’m not quite sure.

Any insight is appreciated.

1 Like

If you’re not in a hurry your plants still have more to offer , I would give them a few more weeks to fatten up. Also start looking at the the crystals to harvest at your preference. Good luck finish enough !

6 Likes

Continue as is and then cut nutrients in about 2 weeks?

1 Like

Yes , I would keep feeding for a couple more weeks before going to water only.

2 Likes

Thank you!

One of the first signs is fewer white pistils compared to brown or red ones. Also, the brown ones lie down and somewhat disappear in the fattening calyx. Use a scope or good magnifier to confirm age and status of trichomes.

3 Likes

Great way to say it

5 Likes

I grow in hydro not dirt so this may not apply because i cant get salt build up in soil because there is none. I dont flush at all and let them just keep growing normally while i harvest. I’ve flushed in the past with flawless finish, even tried the whole keep in the dark thing. Might be me, but i noticed no difference at all, if anything it was better without flushing because i didnt starve it right before i cut it down.

2 Likes

What are you growing in? From what I can gather the flush takes a lot less time in coco.

I’m growing in Coco

According to Dr. Coco you can do the final flush in four or five days.

1 Like

Alright, here’s an ILGM Blue Dream. When I check the tricomes, I’m seeing about 1% amber and mostly cloudy. But by the looks, it looks like many more weeks to go.

Should I just keep dosing or start plain water?

I had a similar question yesterday and one of the best answers I got was that it’s just a matter of preference at this point. The longer you go the more couch lock and less energetic the effects will be. I’ll be cutting and drying the whole plants, so I should get some further developed up top and less developed on the bottom. The best of both worlds. So when you start flushing then harvest depends on what you want out of your grow.

I’m gonna start dry Koolbloom tomorrow and run that for a week or so with micro and bloom. Then flush 4-7 days. Congratulations on making it this far in your grow. The ladies are looking good.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah, I think finishing the grow is the hardest part :grin:.

1 Like