When to adjust lighting?

I am using a HLG 260XL, have been told at full power may be too much for seedlings?? So I’ve turned it down to 50% power but when do I increase. ? A little as they approach Veg or at veg or later??? Slowly or just crank it up at a particular point?? Thanks again .

1 Like

Once you have 4-5 sets of fan leaves you should be able to turn up the power for veg

3 Likes

Should I turn it to max or gradually over a few days and to what level iE: 3/4 , full for Veg?? I know I want it at max for flowering but does it need to be lower for Veg? I’m in a 2x4x5 ft tent. Have the light at about 12 inches now due to some stretch on 3rd day above ground. Stretch stopped and leaves are developing as expected. I will raise light as they develop I assume as well as when I turn it up.

1 Like

Watch your plants and adjust accordingly. I like my setup and use it for veg and flower but at 3,000K it produces a shorter plant (which I want). The higher the intensity; the shorter the plant. I ran my veg cycle at 125 watts per panel (375 total) over 18 square feet in a 24 square foot space. I only turn up lights when I get into flower where the intensity is needed most. It saves on electricity.

3 Likes

You can gradually turn the power up over the course of a week if you wanted @Myfriendis410 is giving good advice as well

I’ve got the 35k panels in the 260xl so at 50% they should be around 100/130 w so I will go to 75% for Veg and full on the flip. So once the GIRLS (positive thinking) get transplanted raise the light to 75% then 100% for flower . Sounds like a plan

2 Likes

Height above plants too is another control to use. If you have small plants; low power down close. If you need to widen your canopy get farther away and turn up the power. Plants need way less light in veg.

1 Like

Yes on the height. Just close now as to stop stretching will be raising it each day and watch um.

2 Likes