When to add carbon filter

When would be a ideal time to add a carbon filter to exhaust. These are a week and 5 days into flower with a estimated 8-9weeks flower time. I’m used to the smell so it’s hard for me to tell when they’ll start smelling in flower.

2 Likes

I put mine in when ever i flip to flower. Im the same as you i cant tell when it starts to smell cause im so used to it. So just to be safe i put it in when i flip to flower

1 Like

Very soon they will start to have an aroma.

FYI high humidity will kill an activated charcoal filter. I would start mine when I started to reduce the RH below about 40%.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up…I might have already killed mine due to using it in veg for a couple weeks, took it out bc of reduced airflow hopefully it dried up and is viable for flower

1 Like

If you dont mind the smell, and your neighborhood doesnt care… why bother?
I have a little Jawa Kush that stunk super strong as soon as the helmet fell off! The carbon filter has been inline ever since birth!

1 Like

Wish I had the luxury of not caring about smell as I love the smell of cannabis but others around don’t appreciate it as much as I do…especially when they have a sensitive nose to the herb

2 Likes

leave the house for 4 hours…take a deep breath when you first get back. that’s what it smells like. or ask a visitor you trust about the smell

2 Likes