When taking clones of a vegging plant, do you recommend taking all the cuttings at once, or taking only 1 or two at a time

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

when taking clones of a vegging plant, do you recommend taking all the cuttings at once, or taking only 1 or two at a time. Wondering what you have experienced as far at stunting plant growth, if one way is better than the other.

1 Like

I believe its always smarter to not take more then your plant can handle. Depending on her size makes a world of difference. Some can take losing 6-8 branches. Some cant. But if you take a couple or a handful, always give her time to recover.

3 Likes

I might suggest that you wait until the mother plant is just into flower before taking cuttings. Technically that would be a “monster cropped clone” and happens to be extremely vigorous: often more robust than the mother plant. If you do that you can take as many cuttings as you want as the plant is (hopefully) bigger than a young vegging plant.

Remember too that the cuttings are the same age as the mother so as soon as they are rooted you could flower em off.

1 Like

Never cut away more then one 3rd of any tree , plant , shrub or any plant of any kind or you will kill it…
So you can take as many clones as you want , as long as it’s not more then one 3rd of all of the plant…

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes