When should I use dimmer on hlg qb 120 led?

I kept it dimmed during seedling stage and turned it to full beginning veg. It’s about 36" above the plant. The plant is growing bushy but only about 1 - 1.5" internodal spacing. Is that ok? They are 6 weeks old.

3 Likes

I typically run my lights around 12" from the canopy once they are in veg. I regulate the light further with dimming. You don’t likely need full power at this point: only around mid flower.

1 Like

I would drop that to around 32 inches. And just keep droping it down lower. Or dim it down to about 75% and drop it down to 24 inches

2 Likes

Spacing of nodes seem ok
Depending on footprint you have to cover…ie how many plants 2x2 space or 3x3 etc you could hang light much lower if it covers your plants and just dim the power…can save you electricity costs…
As they grow up raise lights covering larger footprint and increase power as needed.

My thoughts anyway

3 Likes

@Skydiver @Myfriendis410 got the right idea going for u

1 Like

Glad you pointed that out: it had occurred to me later so good you addressed it. I think @Not2SureYet found on his QB that 19" was maximum for him.

1 Like

I try to keep my lights at about 19" off my scrogs all the time. I found using a meter. I get the strongest light on the outer edges for a 24" wide coverage. It is the same with both my vipars and my QBs. I pretty much run 50w - 70w though veg, And slowly turn it up as I enter flower. To much light and the plants stay to compact for my liking.

2 Likes