When should I start LST

I was going to experiment with topping and fimming, seeing as this is my first time growing. the more I read the more I think I want to do LST on bothe of my girls. Mango crack photo period 2.5 weeks old. They are only supposed to reach a maximum height of 39”

2 Likes

You can start now if want to

1 Like

How? And how would it work with them still having another month or so before I start flowering

Plants look very healthy and happy. I grow outdoors and wait for them to get about 1ft tall.

1 Like

Could a person top one first then Lst?

2 Likes

To top let the plant grow 5-6 nodes and top to the 3rd. As the plant begins to grow start bending it over to allow light to hit the growth sites.

3 Likes

In 3 more weeks , let them grow , each time you stress the plant you lose 30% of potency , if you going to do any training start in week 8 in vegging or week 12 !

2 Likes

When I bought these seeds it said flowering time 8-10 weeks. Is that how long they flower for or how long until you can start them flowering?

1 Like

That will be the approximate time from 12/12 flip to harvest.

1 Like

Personally I grow a photo out to the 6th node, top back to 4th or 5th depending on how hardy she is growing. Let them veg for several weeks (your call on the length of time) takes some cuttings/clones if wanted. Flip the light to 12/12 when you like the canopy created during the top and LST. Bigger yields with topping or fimming :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

8-10 weeks from 1st sign of flowering, usually takes a few weeks to see flowering after the light flip :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Can you drop the link to the 30% drop please.

2 Likes

Yeah - I’ve never heard that before. I’d be interested to read that myself.
New one on me!

So, in effect, by that reasoning, the people who do the 48hrs darkness before the chop are lowering the potency of their weed? Extended dark would be a stresser to the plant.
I’m dubious, but would definitely like to read this study.

1 Like

I’m dumbstruck by that “factoid”. I need some large scale double blind studies for that one. Care to share any references. Thanks

3 Likes

I dont see why not you can top it and give it a few days and then lst

Ohhhh. I was supposed to top down to the 3rd ? :sweat_smile:

You can top it where ever you want depending on how many branches you want to train out. Those shoots are gonna put out shoots too!
There’s no hard and fast rules in place. Just whatever works for you!

Good Luck with your grow!!

4 Likes

I just realized this was probably a post about photos. I’m doing autos. I topped at 5th node. Thanks !

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter auto to photo. Most people try to do autos as soon as they can handle since you have such limited time with autos.
In my first auto run now and I topped at the 4th, a few days later I started training out my new shoots and then just left it alone.
A week and a half later they’re going into full flower.

1 Like