When should i start giving nutes?

Heyo everyone, here is my little girl :

I was just wondering when i should start giving her nutes (biobizz grow). Ive heard that I need to wait till the first little leaves (round seedling ones not true) become yellow then i can start giving her half doses. Let me know what you think !

1 Like

What soil are you using, and do you use a TDS meter?

1 Like

@Audiofreak This is my soil, not made specially for cannabis but pH os at 6.5 and it seemed good for the job, its made for citrus plants, olive trees, palm trees and such. it has coco fibers in it, sand, compost, horse manure, pozzolana and sphagnum fibres in it at varying concentrations. Also I dont have a TDS meter.
d5021a3d796c12445ac73625444e441bf413d433_2_750x1000|375x500

Need to know how much nuets in soil before adding more. Get a 15.00 TDS meter from amazon.

1 Like

As an example when I used FFOF didn’t add neuts till flower. So how “hot” I’d your soil??

2 Likes

I agree with Audiofreak, those small round ones only tell you the plant has used it’s reserve and are now starting to take nutes from the soil. Plant looks healthy, so I would wait.

1 Like

Ok so im new to coco and ive grown 3 grows in soil. Ive noticed the cotys die off fairly fast in soil i have one going in canna coco strait with jacks full strength with additives and the cotys are like 2 inches long nice and green as can be looking healthy and she is just starting her flower phase. Btw its a 420 fastbuds original bubblegum auto.

1 Like

That unfortunately is not helpful to those of us who don’t speak French. How about listing ingredients so you can be helped properly.

There is a little coco in my soil but its mostly ‘dirt’ so idk… some websites say when you have 3-4 sets of true leaves you should give nutes but I really dont want to give her a nute lockout. Arent there signs from the plant that shes ready for more nutrition ?

1 Like

I did list them though, it has coco fibers in it, sand, compost, horse manure, pozzolana and sphagnum fibres in it at varying concentrations.

Is there any markings on the bag that tells u the numbers of the soil. Usually will tell u numbers fir nute on the bags.

The best way to know is to do a TDS . Nutes won’t lockout, they’ll burn. Ph is what cause the lock.

1 Like

@Mark0427
Here are the numbers i have :
Dry material 58%
Organic material 40%
pH 6.5
Conductivity 45 mS/m
Water retention capacity 52%

It dont have any nutrients in it. Usually they tell the nutrient numbers like so this is fox farms ocean forrest bag

See where it says 0.30. 0.45. 0.05. Them r nute numbers on the bag

Oh well my soil isnt made for cannabis and its quite generic, there are no analyses of nutrients… my composition looks pretty identical to yours except i have manure and compost where you have other organics. But so are you saying that your soil has added nutrients and that mine doesnt ? In that case starting my plant on half a dose should do only good right ?

@Gwiz , your plant looks healthy, some people feed small amounts right after the second set of true leaves. I’m not one of them . Personally I would wait till the plant tell me she’s hungry. The fastest way to kill your plant is doing too much. Every grow, strain,cultivars,are different. So use everyone’s advice with a grain of salt. You have to find out what is best for you and your grow.

3 Likes

You can just close your eyes and throw darts or get a TDS meter and be able to answer the question.

1 Like

Easiest way to KNOW! TDS!

EXACTLY!

You don’t know what the composition is or how it will react with the plant. Cannabis optimized soils have added nutrients and micronutrients, is designed for ready drainage (52% moisture retention is not good) and is PH buffered to remain in optimal range for cannabis. Without a detailed analysis you are ‘throwing darts’.

3 Likes

You can let the cotelydons tell you when to begin light feeding (1/4 dose I’d say until your comfortable with your nutrients)This is a pretty safe way to not burn your plants ime. Your probably not optimizing your growth but if your okay with that (like I am) it’s an option.

2 Likes