When should I start feeding these seedlings?

Peat perlite and mushroom compost I water at 6.5 soil was corrected to 6.5, could it be too much light?

2 Likes

Hmmm. @BobbyDigital @MidwestGuy @PurpNGold74 @AfgVet any ideas. U know I’m no good at identifying a deficiency. @Covertgrower

1 Like

Good move. Watch the node spacing if it’s to close aka. The plants not growing vertically enough for your liking then dial it down.

I don’t see any issue with the plant you asked about.

I would start watering until you have about 20% run off and then let the soil dry out before watering again

This was this morning idk what’s going on

1 Like

Right at lights on the plants are still waking up. They’re a little droopy at lights on. Check back in an hour, they’ll be happy.
Also, the medium needs water, it’s dry, and ph should be 5.8.

If you look on YouTube, search for time lapse cannabis, and you’ll see they droop at the beginning of the light cycle and the end.

1 Like

I’ve been setting the ph at 6.5, everything I’ve read said 6.5 for soil

I wouldn’t disagree if you had all soil, but you have a mix, with non soil.

Only 20% of that I would consider close enough to soil.
The rest of those ingredients are soilless mediums. Perlite, peat moss, and mg starting mix have almost no nutrients in them. Peat moss should be ph’d to 5.8.
I would try lowing the ph and see if the the yellowing improves some to allow nitrogen to be absorbed more readily.

2 Likes

I amended the “soil” to 6.5 ph before I planted. So I should water at 5.8?

1 Like

I would try to bring the ph down a few points and see if it improves.
I would also water until you get 20% run off next feeding.

1 Like

I’ll try a 6.0-6.2 water tomorrow and soak them till run off and see what happens

1 Like

Don’t forget nutrients! :sunglasses::seedling:🪴

1 Like

So I mixed up a 1/2 gallon of distilled water with 1.5tsp of ff big bloom and .75tsp of ff grow big and the ph was 6.1 so I didn’t adjust and equally used the whole 1/2 gallon on my 3 plants in 3 gallon pots which is more than ive ever watered them, didn’t get any run off but I’m trying to up the water slowly and see how they do with this much. Also fimed them yesterday afternoon

This is why I suggested water until 20% run off. I suspected under watering. They look a lot better just from the one a few days ago.

2 Likes

Well I hadn’t watered since I watered on Monday when I watered heavy and they started drooping. Pots felt very light this morning so I put that 1/2 gallon on them. My plan is to water till run off once they dry out again with just regular distilled water. And then continue from there. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Yep I’m with covert. I’d say drop the pH to 5.8 and run a gallon and a half or more thru each one. Don’t let it total dry out but let it dry some coco I water daily at 3 to 3.5 gallons per plant per day. To get runoff. I do where I get runoff everyday not alot but a little shows everything is wet and I’m good also pushes some of the older nutes out that are setting around not being used. Lol at ur plants size I’d soak it til runoff then leave it a day without water then the next water soak it again. As she grows I’ll use more good for her so it’ll go from every other day to like a daily watering u will see a massive difference in just the color and growth I bet just switching the pH and giving her a good soak down. I’d do it to get any roots at bottom to have some moisture or they just start to dry up and become useless roots.

That’s kinda what I’m thinking, so you would say skip tomorrow and water till run off at 5.8 with no nutes on Sunday? And then continue that from there? And should I water, feed, water? Or feed, water, water, feed?

1 Like

This feels insane. :rofl: I probably burn a gallon on 2-3 plants easy.

:arrow_up:

This is the way I’d approach.

2 Likes

I’m with covert if start water feed water and see how it goes. If all looks well and u wanna push it more try a feed feed water feed feed water if that works out u can go to a feed Everytime as long as the leaves look the part and not taking ontoo much. U got this. Good luck.

Y’all recommend half the recommended fox farm dose? That’s what I’ve been seeing everywhere.

1 Like