When should I start feeding these seedlings?

FFOF is super hot and would not recommend for seedlings. You won’t need to feed that thing for a couple weeks. Always remember they are tiny and new and need very little. Many new growers make the mistake of thinking they should feed the plant because they don’t think it is growing fast enough. Just watch her take notes and sit back. She also needs very little water at this stage. Too much water will kill her

3 Likes

Ffof is kinda hot but I’ve had no problems with it for my seedlings for what that’s worth

Everything said above however I agree with👆

2 Likes

My leaf surface temp is 68°f air temp is 75°

1 Like

Ur good on all. Everything looks great nice colors and all. U need to worry if the yellowish in centers don’t go green but right now it’s just light green yellow from fast growth and chlorophyll not converting fast as the growth is going. Ur good. Don’t let temps in room get much over 83 to 85ish unless u have humidity dialed in for those temps. Nice looking plants tho

1 Like

Noticed my leaves curling down, so I dimmed the light from 430-450 ppfd (28-30 dli) down to 375-395 ppfd (23-25 dli) was this the right move here?

1 Like

Not sure. Hopefully someone with a better leaf read skill will be along at some time to give a thought. My leaves curl down when my ph is off, but I’m also in a different medium.

Day 13, should I wait for signs of deficiencies or just slowly start introducing nutrients? Fox farm trio

2 Likes

How long has it been in that soil for. Usually it’s 4 to 6 weeks before nutes are needed depending on watering practices. I myself started feeding in the 3rd or 4th week using ffof and GH nutes and didn’t see any I’ll effects. Of u have a way on next water water her til u get runoff and let some drip from bag then catch some of the runoff and check pH and ppms of the runoff and see what the ppm numbers are that will tell u if u r ready for feed or not by how high of a ppm number u get if it is anything over 1000ppm I’d wait it out a bit as seedlings and smaller plants will burn fast good luck

1 Like

My soil is just peat perlite and 20% mushroom compost. I have the fox farm trio liquids I was gonna use.

I would start feeding as soon as you see the cotyledons starting to deteriorate. It means they’re nearly done eating what came in their seed pod and they’re ready for more.

2 Likes

Thanks man, good info! So today is day 14 and I turned up my light from 350 ppfd 25 dli to 450ppfd 30 dli. How are they looking?

3 Likes

So far so good.

Any reason why the main stem down the middle of the leaf is so light in color?

1 Like

New growth tends to be a little bit paler in general- keep an eye. It should darken up as it matures.

1 Like

I’m watering every morning just enough to saturate the top few inches of soil, by the time the light goes out at night the soil is almost completely dry for the top few inches, should I start watering with a higher volume and less frequency? Or are they still too small to really saturate that whole 3 gallon pot?

Yes. It’s time to give them a good soak - water til you get 20% run off, and don’t water them again until the soil is completely dry - not just the top few inches. The whole pot should be light when you lift it a little.

3 Likes

I’ll do that starting tomorrow!

1 Like

@Nicky its day 17 and I turned the light up to 520-550 ppfd for 32-35 dli, was at 420-450 ppfd for 27-30 dli up until today. Good move or no?

1 Like

@Mark0427 how does this one look? Leaves are kinda drooping

1 Like

Is that coco