When should I start feeding these seedlings?

The bad leaves may stay lookin’ bad. Take a deep breath and keep doing what you’re doing. As they age they’ll inevitably start looking ugly

1 Like

What do you make of this?

1 Like

Starting to slow down, but I would give another full dose until the numbers go up more. Then back to 3/4, but keep calmag dose the same.

1 Like

I feel like the roots have completely filled the pots and it’s getting hard to water them, water just sits on top and slowly drains down

1 Like

It will start to do that. Usually soak the tip down a bit to wet it let it set a min or two and then water will soak into medium fine. If u have a spray bottle use it and spray the top layer to get wet. U’ll see after top is wet it will just absorb right in. I issues lol.

1 Like

Seems like no matter what I do the water just pools up now and slowly goes down, taking me 2 hours to put 2 gallons on 3 plants

1 Like

Hmmm that a bit weird. Mine will pool ontop for a few seconds then soak in after top is wet I can water at any rate and it just flows into coco super easy. Sounds like possibly the soil clu.oed up on u maybe. Is there any perlite mixed in it. I don’t remember what soil it was. Ur the coco and perlite mix with worm castings right?

Peat and perlite with mushroom compost, and yea like almost half perlite

So she most likely dries up fast then ur prolly going to wanna feed 2 or more times a day being half perlite it will make the plant look a whole different color I’m in all coco no perlite and in flower they could get atleast 2 if not 3 waters as they dry up fast lol. I’m lazy and do 1. 2 if they r lucky enough. I’m almost wanting to go back to soil for the less watering practices but coco is so much better all around besides the watering thing

I’m at 12 hours in between waterings

1 Like

Does the top dry out at all. If it looks like ur getting dry patches give it another quart or so of water I bet it will make a difference. Covert got u tho. He is a super guy. I gotta get off here on a few and pack the stuff up to send off to him the wife is gonna run it down for me since my head is throbbing again today. If u see this covert gonna have to send me the address again I didn’t write it down. Lol of I need it I’ll get it from u as I need it no sense in keeping a paper trail lmbo

Sounds like soil compaction. Best I can offer is water slowly, and wait for it. Drainage is key next grow. It really maintains aeration for the roots, makes it easier to water too.

2 Likes

Think I could add some soap as a wetting agent? Could that help

I would wet the surface like mark said, or water before it’s dry. Hydrophobic soil is a pain.

2 Likes

I’m watering before dry and it just sits there, could I take a skewer and just poke some holes into the medium? Also thinking of adding some peroxide to my waterings to get some more oxygen to the roots

I’ve seen people use skewers. I don’t recall if they had good results, but it’s worth a try. I don’t recommend peroxide, as this will kill your microbes in the soil.

1 Like

I had this issue in the plants I used mushroom compost with. I mixed mushroom compost, blood meal, worm castings, and FFOF - went fine for a long while but around the 5-6 week marker it became real obvious that all the FFOF had sort of “floated” to the top and the mushroom compost was compacted at the bottom.

This is the best answer. The other thing to do - which I don’t recommend unless the skewers doesn’t solve your issue, is to beat up the outside of the fabric pots to loosen the soil. On the sides and the bottom if you can get to it.

1 Like

Should I do anything with these leaves?

3 Likes

You can remove those if you’d like.

2 Likes

Should I be doing anything with the light soon? I’m at 45 dli now and it’s mid way week 8