When should I start feeding these seedlings?

So about 30ish days I’ll start seeing pistils. That’s when u start to consider her flowering when u see pistils pop. So remember right between 25 and 30ish days keep it eyes open for them hairs. When u see them u will want to watch the plant. When u see all the bud sites form on the plant then for a couple few days it will look like it stopped doing work. That’s when u wanna strip off any unwanted leaves and or lollipop the plant and rid of what u don’t want on the plant to better them top. Ids. I usually do about a third of the tree up goes. I keep the top 2 thirds for product the rest gets trim binned for bubble hash @Nicky is a super auto grower along with N2SY they will be a huge help for u they r auto growers with some knowledge. I’m following along nice job so f are tho

2 Likes

Any recommendations on light levels with autos? I’m doing 18-6 and I’m at 21-23 DLI right now

1 Like

What light u have. I stick my light to the ceiling and run them by dimmer. There is plenty of light in my room to do this tho. I guess it depends on alot of factors room temp and all but if u turn the back of ur hand just above the leaves and the light is not warming the back of ur hand ur good. I don’t use meters and stuff as they r super expensive I just go by leaves and feels basically. Usually most lights call for 18 to 24 inches above canopy in vEg and 12 on up in flower.

I have a spider farmer se3000 it’s at 24” on like 45% and I can barely feel any heat on my hand over the plants.

1 Like

The Photone app is what I use after watching reviews comparing it to the $500 meters it’s extremely accurate! And free

1 Like

I have a chart on my DLI same place you read the reviews?
No different in DLI from autos to photos.

Please give the thread a like

1 Like

What is the red line?

1 Like

I take it the res line is where he is in flower over the 50dli for alot longer time than the graph shows. I kinda do this without meters I just never think on cutting back power towards the end and either end up with a bit of foxtails or airy. Ids one of the 2

2 Likes

Day 9 turned the light up to 28-30 dli 430-450 ppfd
Number 3 still has an off coloration but seems to stay consistent

1 Like

Are the leaves pointing up good? I’ve heard it was good and I heard it was bad lol

1 Like

“praying” is good - like your plant leaves are doing now.

Heat stress is a fine line, however, and those leaf edges may start appearing “sharp” or serrated. Once that starts happening, I’d back off the lights.

For right now you’re okay, in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m gonna keep posting daily pics, if you see something off feel free to say something lol

1 Like

Also my temps are right at 76°/ 77°f

1 Like

Nice. Sounds good to me. I’m pushing 90° usually.

1 Like

@Mark0427 thanks for the reply. Yes red line is my suggestion.

Fox tails are the issue yes.

Plants look good and your Temps perfect just sail in your humidity according to the VPD chart., :ok_hand:

1 Like

Vpd chart? I’m at 55-60%rh right now And this is day 10, one day after the light turn up to 27-30 dli 430-450 ppfd

1 Like

Found this chart so I bumped my humidity up to 65%ish image

Should I use a temp gun to get the leaf temp instead of using the air temp?

FFOF is super hot and would not recommend for seedlings. You won’t need to feed that thing for a couple weeks. Always remember they are tiny and new and need very little. Many new growers make the mistake of thinking they should feed the plant because they don’t think it is growing fast enough. Just watch her take notes and sit back. She also needs very little water at this stage. Too much water will kill her

3 Likes

Ffof is kinda hot but I’ve had no problems with it for my seedlings for what that’s worth

Everything said above however I agree with👆

2 Likes