When should I harvest these beauties?

How will I know when to harvest these beauties ?

1 Like

Welcome!
When 85% of of the pistils are brown, you can start checking trichome colors.

2 Likes

Welcome to the farm. I see white hairs, still some time to harvest. If you have a loupe look closely at your buds. Happy and great growing :rofl: :bat:

2 Likes

Best 10 minutes you’ll spend on the topic:

5 Likes

Welcome,nice plant. What everyone else said. In the end it will come down to personal preference.

Welcome. This is the best visual I have seen

Are they auto’s or photos You have a ways to go before looking at the trichomes with a magnifier will even matter. If your growing outdoors in North America, unless they’re auto’s they probably won’t be ready until October. Either way those buds are gonna fatten up quite a bit.

Love this! Very educational. Where do you look when looking at trichomes? Sugar leaves? Tip of flower?

1 Like

On the buds/flower not sugar leaves
Wait for the pistols to turn brown and recede into the calyx’s then start checking trichomes.

1 Like

“The buds” I’m learning are the actual pistols (female parts) that swell and turn HUGE and we smoke em…when them lil white hairs start receding and shriveling and rrreeeeaaaallly darkening…then start checking on the LOWER bud sites….the top ones will be your samples and prized pictures prolly unless you’re able to harvest the plant all at once…yes you can harvest different stems/buds at different times and the plant will be ok to keep maturing it’s other less ready buds….just always check the buds trichs and not sugar leaves as stated above and you’ll be smokin in no time!

1 Like

So if you can’t harvest the full plant in one sitting do you first take buds from the top and work your way down?

1 Like

You take whichever ones are ready….really get in there and look at your plant don’t be afraid to look her all over real good

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Much appreciate. Looking forward to hopefully a good Legal Virginia harvest this fall . Sure feels good to not have to worry anymore . This is only my second year of planting. Last year I had one Maui Waui plant and got about 1 1/2 oz . It was very good for my first try . Sour Diesel and Super Skunk this year . Again thanks for replying .

1 Like