When should i expect bloom?

its been 5 weeks and i just switched to an 18/6 from 24 hr sched. wondering when i should expect flowering and when i should start using the floragro nutirents. nothing has budded yet is this on pace?

Nothing will bud until you go 12-12. Unless it’s an auto???

3 Likes

theyre regular feminized seeds so when should i switch to a 12/12?

1 Like

I usually go 18-6 for 8-12 weeks. Depending on how big you want them. Remember that they will grow 2-3 times in height after switching to 12-12 flowering cycle. So take a guess based on how much space your grow area is.

1 Like

Switch to flowering light schedule when plants are developed to your liking. Some will flip as soon as they are mature and others may veg their plants out for several months. You have to keep in mind that plants will continue to grow some after moving to 12 hour light schedule, so make sure to leave some room.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t need to, nor want too, keep the lights on 24/7 for so many weeks. Some do it for a week, maybe two, mostly for consistent heat, but the plants benefit from rest. They can only utilize so much light in a day and unless your lights are underpowered you shouldn’t need to run them that long. You are just wasting money.

4 Likes

Everything I’ve read suggests plants need rest like we do. Some portion of dark cycle is natural and desired.

1 Like