When plants are turned to bloom, can they receive more light?

In a Hydro set up, your plants are already in bloom from 12/12 light darkness… can you give them a heap more light then to increase yield ?

3 Likes

You can’t give them more hours of light, but you can certainly turn up the lighting intensity when the lights are on for those 12 hours.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community ! as mentioned turn up intensity . Depending on the light you’re using you might need to add a light.

2 Likes

Thanks for your tips!

1 Like

Once the plants in bloom, do you know what would happen if you gave it 18hrs of light, would to not want to produce buds and half go back to veg stage. I was hoping I could trick my plant once it’s in bloom.
The red bloom light seems very soft light so I should be able to double the light.
You guys got any tricks up your sleeve that you don’t mind sharing ?

1 Like

Stay with 12 /12 light schedule in bloom or flower stage .Shorter days or light is what triggers a plant to flower. If you revert back to 18 / 6 could start reveg. Hope that helps good luck.

If you are growing autos they will perform under any reasonable light schedule. 18/6 or 12/12. Start to finish.

Download the free grow bible… :+1::wink::grin:
Best advice to give you… :+1:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Heres one… finish flowering your plants. If you want to see what happens when you decrease darkness hours, harvest all your main buds and leave some lower crap alive. Water it less because your plant has no growing material on it at this stage… increase your timer to 18 on and 6 off or 24 hours on if you like burning power? After a couple weeks you should start to see what looks like new growth. In truth, its much faster to start from seed, the plant will not grow as vigorously as a fresh start. It will however, grow and make an ugly bushy plant and you can get more bud off it… but… you would be far better served to clone or start from seed

1 Like

Thanks for the advise, I won’t bother trying it. Going to see how this durbin turns out in a week or so, this is my first time growing.

2 Likes