When other ppl, (roommate)waters the girls

I Don’t use Epsom salts so not sure what to tell you.

As for cal-mag and coco… coco is unique in that the coco fibers bind with the elements in the nutrients. Cal-mag is easily taken up by the coco, blocking the sites from binding with the other elements and interfering with the uptake. This is a quick explanation, for detailed information you need to spend a few hours at

Cocoforcannibus.com

Highly researched information, no bs, no contradictory information. Everything you can possibly need to know about growing in coco.

@CMichGrower @PharmerBob @Nothingshocking @BobbyDigital @Randy_Marsh, you guys think these clones have a big enough root system to start the auto pots without top feeding for a week or two first?

I bought them as classified as “large, and ready for transplant”

Not if they were just transplanted. I haven’t run autopots, I’ll tag our auto pot aficionado @Nicky

2 Likes

AutoPot tells you to wait 7-10 days before starting so roots have had a chance to reach bottom. My experience with 3.9 gallon plastic and 5 gallon fabric pots is that the moisture permeates throughout the pot so even recently transplanted plants will benefit. Just watch the first few days and help them out if any signs of wilting.

1 Like

So your saying run em? I did just feed them,bit still with the system it should stop them from getting more than they need so IF any does go into the pots,it would obviously be cuz I didn’t water them enough, I’m terrifies to do it,I wish I woulda took pictures of the root balls, but they were normal red Solo cup root balls and looked healthy as hell!!

But there’s no roots at the bottom of the pot yet since they were just transplanted. No roots at the bottom of the pot means there’s nothing there to suck up the water.

If you want to see healthy as hell plants, turn on the AutoPots.

The only job after the AutoPots take over the waterings is filling the reservoir with a proper nutrient mix.

The big downside with AutoPots is it takes all the futzing out of growing. It’s hard to just sit back and wait.

I still look at them several times a day when home, can’t help myself.

Tf tf tutu tfffffffffff Auto pots unite

5 Likes

Once leafs reach outside of pot width. Turn system on

1 Like

@Nicky I literally see growth this morning and just got them yesterday, I’m torn I got one person saying turn it on, and like 3 saying wait, I want to but will wait I suppose considering I have 3 saying wait and ONE saying GO, anyways I need some ideas on a nute line that’s good for these autopots @Randy_Marsh @CMichGrower I was currently using TPS one, and don’t like it for these plants, want something thats gonna help them turn into Monsters!!

I don’t grow auto pots so not really that helpful, a lot of the mayor player here use , jacks 321 for its performance and its simplicity

1 Like

@Randy_Marsh do I have this thing set up right and if so do I even need it?, it seems it will be more in the way than helpful

1 Like

A nets not needed til u flip for flower. Or if autos about a month after she pops soil. I love using coco so far seems to be much better than soil and the smells are total different in the rooms. No dirt smell at all when watered.

It’s suggested by AutoPot to top feed for 7-10 days first and you can certainly do that. Turning on the AutoPot really can’t hurt anything as long as you monitor the plants to make sure they are getting enough water until the roots make contact with wet medium…

Everyone here has fallen in love with jacks, I haven’t tried it.

I Have tried several other lines of nutrients because I’m always experimenting. The one product line that I’ve found that seems to work really well in AutoPots is made by the same people that make clonex. HDI or Hydrodynamics International make a three part product that is really clean and leaves absolutely no buildup. Ionic Grow, Ionic Bloom and Ionic PK Booster that is used in mid flower.

I’ve used it a half dozen times now with AutoPots and the biggest problem I have are the plants get really big. When growing outside the big plants fall over when the wind blows and the need to be tied down, inside it requires tall grow spaces. After last summer with plants blowing over I’m only using AutoPots indoors now, 5-6 gallon pots just isn’t enough weight.

Yeah it does look correct , yeah just gotta waiting until they a start getting out of control

Turning on the autopots to soon can slow growth in my view. This is why I say wait until the leafs reach the outside of the pot, this means the roots have made it to the bottom. The manual for 7-14 days or whatever is pointless because my growth in 7 days vs a new growers growth in 14 days will be much different and they may not even be ready by that time depending on so many variables.

If you go back 2 years I was talking about dry nutrients, myself using chemgro 4-20-39 + cal nitrate +mag sulfate.
Jack’s has always been on the map but recently they addoped cannabis rather than shunned it and have become a bigger player in the market.
The forums here has been switching to Jack’s over the last year because its cheap, it works, and it’s simple.
While I am hesitant to say Jack’s is the best nutrient it is one of the most widely available and inexpensive dry nutrients on the market for USA growers. This is why I recommend it.

Personally I’m trying to do a Jack’s vs chemgro right now but Jack’s is struggling to get sprouts for me =p

Anyways those are my thoughts.

Ps I don’t see any autopots in your tent?

@Nicky @CMichGrower @BobbyDigital, hey I can’t find either brand, recommended without having to wait weeks for it to ship, I don’t have weeks, I’m running up to the local grow store to grab the CANNA line nutes, it was recommended from them for my autopots.

@Nicky @CMichGrower @BobbyDigital well here it is, here’s the line that was highly recommend from 3 separate ppl except one didn’t recommend it until I inquired about it, but yep $90 out the door with my member savings!!

2 Likes

@CMichGrower just a like? Wow I thought for sure you’d say something!!:joy::joy: