When is the best time for topping my plant's

Hallo out there😊.

I’m just wondering when or how old the plant should be before I begin topping? At this point the plant’s are 21 day’s old! Tanks😊

5 Likes

Why the plastic liners in you pots ? Being curious noticed them and now I need to know lol :thinking:
Happy growing
Follow Advice above can’t beat that answer :+1::v:

2 Likes

Thank you very much :blush:

Okay…thanks😊. The plastic is only there because my grow room, at this time, isn’t suitable for pot’s with holes in them. Wooden floor and water is a bad combo😣

Oh be careful not to overwater should put pans under to catch runoff though would be better for soil don’t want root rot bro just a thought

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 is absoletly right about the risk of roots rot, @Thedanishguy, your roots systeme as to breath other wise they will eventualy go rotten , play on the safe side :v:and welcome to the ILGM forum …:wink::innocent:

2 Likes

I hear you. Tanks😊

1 Like

Tanks for the welcome and help😊

2 Likes

As a visual this is just almost ready to be

femmed

7 Likes

So the one on the right has been topped?

left one 2 tops on left plant
See the pans under pots that’s what you should do to prevent root rot and protect floor @Thedanishguy
Good visual @Olds-toner

2 Likes

Before and after being femmed

4 Likes

I put a layer of river rock in bottom of pot 1 to 2 inches. Makes it like I have elevated pots and the never hold water

2 Likes

I love this simple answer :+1: I think I am going to plagiarise your answer…LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Thedanishguy not yet they look so different because of being different strains of cannabis one is a gold leaf and the other is a girl scout cookie this is them after topping

1 Like

Nice. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is an excellent example of why ILGM IS THE BEST.
Thanks for the visual @Oldstoner

2 Likes

Anytime @Nug-bug this is them this morning when I was re-arranging the tent again

3 Likes