When is light, too much light?

Oops I haven’t dealt with auto flowers before so I don’t know about all those. I’m assuming the lights would be the same though… Maybe not. @ray3 just to let you know, I been out of practice for 26 years. Happy growing & heavy yield.

24hrs first 3 weeks?
Is this to promote heavy growth in the early stage?
Ive been using 18/6 since the very beginning, might have to give 24hr lighting for first couple weeks a try my next grow.

Yes this is for growth stabilization and root distribution system boost. Stem hardening, basically plant maturing. After 3 weeks switch to 18/6. @Siksr

1 Like

friends at 410 says that they use peroxide, for a final bud wash. and drip dry. do you do that? if so, what is the purpose. thanks RAY

1 Like

Washing buds will rise off any pesticides you used and mildew.

There are a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject.

1 Like

Washing off pesticides, dead bugs, bug poop, dust, etc…

2 Likes

2 of my plants OGK are looking verry good growing in coco hps lights with co2 added my question is, i keep my lights on 24 hrs all the time, growing AUTOS. i am on day 43 of flowering do i count my days useing 24 hr of light as i day. my terps are turning amber and i still have 20 or so days of flower doing a flush last 2 times of water thanks RAY

1 Like

I don’t have the answer for that question. Maybe @beardless knows

@NeoGroR I will give it a try.
I hadn’t really thought about it that way. Still, 24 hrs is 24 hrs. lights on or off. I ran autos 20/4. It is an interesting aspect of autos though. Is their life calendar based or some other measure like DLI (daily light integral)? I do not know that answer. I look at the published flower period as a guide only. Within the same grow I have certainly had a 20 day spread between the first plant to finish and the last of the same strain. If she looks ready and the trichomes are where you want them, then harvest her and don’t worry about the calendar or flowering guidelines. Make sure you are looking at the trichomes (terps?) on the bud / calyx and not sugar leaves.

1 Like

thanks for the info RAY

1 Like

i am growing autos. do you advise turning off my lights for 36 hrs of total darkness befor harvest, do i water well befor. the 36 hrs, or do i not water prior to the 36 hrs of darkness tthis is new to me any advise will be thankful thanKS RAY

when you harvest, do you turn off the lights for 3 or 4 days prior to cutting thanks RAY

@Draco1 might be able to answer this. I’ve never heard of more than 2 days of darkness

@Hellraiser

@ray3 @Hellraiser
From what I’ve read, autos are pretty fast and drink alot. But if you have done the 2 week flush prior to Harvest, you should be ok on water… But if you see any sign of drooping in your leaves, go ahead and water 1 more time. Flushing is done to get rid of all chemicals from your plant. To be safe and better taste.
Since autos are pretty fast, most people decide to just do 36 hrs instead of the 4 days darkness. The total Darkness adds Resin to your Buds, or is supposed to. This is untested by me… Since this is my first inside grow. But alot of people swear to this method, so, I too, will be trying it. I hope this and my honesty helps you out ray. But a better one to ask would be Hellraiser. I tagged him for you so consider him asked.

1 Like

I usually do 48 hours of darkness before harvest, just makes their trics stand out a bit more, but I’ve done plenty of harvest with only 12 hours of darkness before harvest, really doesn’t make any noticeable difference in potency.

1 Like

thanks RAY

1 Like

THANKS ray

1 Like

started new seeds one week ago they are up, and getting tall using a dome with the light that came with. it i am growing autos, how much light do you think i should give them, as per hrs a day . thanks RAY

2 Likes

18 hrs a day for the whole time.

Thanks for the information

1 Like