When is it to late to LST?

My current grow will be 3 weeks into veg tmrw. I bent some lower branches over and tied them down today. I decided to only do two of the WW since I feel its a little late to be doing this. Would I benefit more at this point to supercrop?
Im trying to allow for the most room vertically and utilize all my space horizontally. I realize now its going to get really tight in this 4x4 with 6 plants. Im considering kicking the two AKs outdoors in a few weeks just prior to flip to continue vegging while the 4 WW flower, and then bring them back in to flower after.
Before

After

2 Likes

I think everyone does their own thing.
I lst and lollipop to keep things cleaned up and let air flow. Whatever it takes without too much stress.

1 Like

@beachglass If I were to supercrop would you suggest doing so where I drew the red line?

1 Like

That you will have to ask someone who supercrops. Looks like u have done a couple.

1 Like

Yes after better learning my terminology, I guess I did :man_facepalming:. I thought a saw somewhere that some people bent the main stem over.

Advance technique is out of my league, so I’m still learning in 2nd run now. But I’m week10-12 autos and I still tie branches trying to open more space any time I can. Super cropping way to advance more me. Also I have 4 in my 4x4 and getting tight on room, best of luck

1 Like

@Kingkupa thanks. It definitely opens up a ton of room, wow. This is my first grow so it may not have a good time to try to much at once. I think I’ll let these two I supercropped do their thing, and let the other two go without and see which results I like better. I wasnt going to use a trellis net to make watering easier but I can see where they can really come in handy to spread branches.

Yeah I don’t use a net either, like said only 2nd grow, but learned a lot tho the first one, and more every day. Keeping the bottom cleaned up helps makes watering easier aswell. But like said will run out of room quickly

1 Like

Yours looks great! I cant wait to see those pistils start forming.

1 Like

Welcome to the community and nice healthy looking ladies. That’s too low for super cropping, this is used for those taller growing colas to even out the canopy or fear of them growing into the light. I would work the side growth by tieing them down with soft ties. Make sure the lower branches will grow vertical between the upper branches. The main if not too rigid should be bent over as much as possible to allow the lowers to catch up :love_you_gesture:

Edit: I would start trying to train that tall main with just the sides slightly manipulated to grow vertical through the lowers. Super cropping can be done :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

You want to bend over your main stem to make it level, no problem. I brought your line up to where you should be doing it. Ya can’t just snap it over , you have to squeeze and break the fibers of the plant. I use needle nose pliers with bandaids on the tips. Get it soft but not crazy soft, should look like the pic attached.(I’m training this one circular)

Post script… I just noticed you’ve already did this with your side branches while LST…lol you did see that right?

3 Likes

Thank you. Its was a rough start and had some issues getting on track but they turned around pretty well and are getting better by the day.
Ill try training the main stem. I was going to leave two of them not supercropped to see the difference in the end but my canopy would be very uneven I’d imagine.

1 Like

Hey @BigItch! Good to hear from you. Thanks for the advice! I will bend those mains over this afternoon. I’ll definitely be using pliers for the main stem. My finger tips are sore from doing the branches last night. Thanks for moving my location for me!

3 Likes

@OGIncognito @BigItch its done. No turning back now. Man that feels brutal on them lol.
I ended up ditching the runt AK. It was not drinking water. Its been 9 days and the pot is still wet/ heavy. The 2nd AK I gave to my wifes cousin to free up room in my tent.
So now I am down to the 4 White Widow. All are now supercropped.

Does this look like a critter chewing on one of the leaves? I did find a lady bug in the tent but I read they dont usually eat leaves.

2 Likes

Whoaaa very nice job! The leaf damage looks like damage from moving them around.

1 Like

Ok that makes me feel better. Thanks for the help! The generosity on here is more than I can ask for.

2 Likes

:point_up_2::love_you_gesture:

4 Likes