šŸŽ¶ When I grow up

Well your doing your homework thats for sure.
My chime would be i think a plant needs N at most of its lifes stages.
And the test is in the tasting.
If they were yellow and overnight they greened up thats fantastic.
Iā€™m no expert on the npk ranges and what each stage of grow need.
But thought Iā€™d have a chime

4 Likes

Thanks heaps buddy. Yeah my Mrs said what did your friends say on the forum, and I told her I wanted to try to solve it myself first, so I can learn better. Iā€™m glad I think Iā€™m getting better at working out what the ladies want and just trying to keep ahead of any issues.

Also, I donā€™t know if Iā€™m imagining it, but most of the yellowing on WW2 and Amnesia Haze seemed to be on the side of them that has been not facing the light for the past few days (ie facing the wall of the tent). I do try to keep them rotated but when theyā€™ve got only one or two good spots to get the watering can spout in due to the way Iā€™ve LSTā€™d them, I tend to keep that good spot facing the door of the tent.

2 Likes

I see :eyes:
Maybe that has something to do with the yellowing too
@anon33684698

2 Likes

Did you end up getting married @anon33684698 just by the way

1 Like

@anon33684698 is it post 941 thats showing colas as thick as coke cans on your blueberry ?

1 Like

Wedding is October this year buddy :purple_heart: Planning, planning, planning lol :grin:

3 Likes

Not really. Sheā€™s seemed to have really stacked on even more thickness since even that pic! I spent some time staring at the plants this morning and was trying to estimate how big those colas are - without touching them of course - and at a guess - Iā€™d have to hold my hands like this (excuse the crappy pics) which to me feels like the thickness of a normal-sized softdrink can.
Considering Iā€™ve never seen any quality buds in my life, the sheer size sheā€™s stacking on is blowing my mind!
Theyā€™re napping now but Iā€™ll see if I can get some pics that show their size this arvo :purple_heart:

1 Like

Not being the most experienced grower I sometimes hesitate to give advice on nutrients. But Iā€™d have to say that you do need nitrogen through flowering. Iā€™m basing this strictly on the nutrients that Iā€™m using and the ones, before I made the switch. Jackā€™s part A has 5-12-26 ratio and I use it start to finish. Jackā€™s has a finish nutrient that would be used during the last few weeks of flower and it has a higher N value of 7-15-30. The FF Dry nutrients I was using before, has a finish nutrient Cha-Ching that is 9-50-10. Just based on this and the yellowing leaves you need some nitrogen. :+1:

5 Likes

I wanted to add that I see essentially you have come to that conclusion on your own.:+1:When I first started on forum I spent a lot of time checking out new post in beginners category. Mainly so I could see the answers that the more experienced people here would give to some basic questions. Good way to learn some basic diagnosis knowledge :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Hey thanks heaps @Bulldognuts this is exactly what I do too :rofl: even if I donā€™t follow someoneā€™s journal, I still like to read about other peopleā€™s grows, and when I have an issue to solve, I go straight to the search in this forum and see what the opinions are on the topic and try to learn from there :purple_heart:
My finishing nutes turned up today actually and they again have zero N but pretty massive PK at 54-32 so letā€™s hope I donā€™t burn her with them!

1 Like

Donā€™t do that @anon33684698 donā€™t burn them with nute juice not now.
I trimmed about a money bag of leaves off my blueberry colas this afternoon.
They seem real thick and kind of triangular compared to usual cannabis leaves.
Also stuffed up my attempt at bending over my topped and out of control gold leave and my very own crossed strain gorilla glue x rose.
Donā€™t think ill do anymore.
Just let them go.
Top them again probably it was pretty disappointing results.
But happy with my blueberry not quite the diameter you got but like you probably the best buds Iā€™ve had too.
Cheers

2 Likes

Oh no! Yeah sometimes itā€™s just live and let live :sweat_smile:

So my estimate of thickness of the biggest cola wasnā€™t far off! I definitely wouldnā€™t get one hand around that bad girl (but I donā€™t want to touch and introduce germs)

Also I think Iā€™m beginning to see a spray of amber trichs in the background of the cloudy white ones in some of the pics? What does everyone think?

8 Likes

I see a very faint beginning of ambers in the second picture :nerd_face:

Soon nowā€¦ :partying_face:

And great job :clap: :+1: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Late to the party, but as Bulldog said, I have always read that the plants still need N through flowering. Not as much as veg but it is still essential.

3 Likes

Getting close to that first chop!! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey thanks both :purple_heart:

1 Like

Also, given the current climate in the world, Iā€™d like to point out that that tattoo on my hand is NOT an Iron Cross. Itā€™s a Maltese Cross. Itā€™s been mistaken many times by those who donā€™t realise the difference :purple_heart:

1 Like

I figured as muchā€¦ :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Donā€™t recon those hands will have germs lol.
Now im gunna look at everyone hand until I find one with a Maltese cross on it. And say its you bstarr lol.
Mighty fine flower head you got going on there.
The colours are amazing a little way to go yet on the trichromes colour soon real soon @anon33684698

4 Likes

Haha yeah thanks @Blackmoon tatts not so good on this forum! Kinda hard to avoid the one on my hand though. I try to keep all others out of pics though!

And cheers buddy! Probs just shy of my coke can estimate but geez sheā€™s just so big itā€™s blowing my mind. If I go by the 8 weeks flowering time (just as a guide) thatā€™s next weekend, so Iā€™m watching those trichs very carefully now!

Northern Lights is only 6 days behind Blueberry in flowering time but sheā€™s nowhere near the size of Blueberry, so I suspect sheā€™s going to need quite a bit longer yet til choppy day :purple_heart: Iā€™ll start getting up close and personal with her with the microscope soon too :joy:
(I feel like Iā€™m invading their personal space) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes