šŸŽ¶ When I grow up

Arenā€™t those BStarrā€™s Bud Bins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @patchman

Putting out some beautiful dense buds maā€™am. Always a pleasure!

3 Likes

Oh OK thanks so much Kap! Can you smell the cannabis though?

1 Like

Why thankyou Sir! And yes I couldnā€™t remember the new ā€œofficialā€ name for them. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You might want to check with @Tenga . I gave her mine so she could vape without bothering her husbandā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

Oh thanks! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

A little check up on Granddaddy Purple 2. I have no idea how many days of flowering cos Iā€™m too tired to get up and look at my book lol but around 8 weeks.
Another little bit to go I think :grin:

My dog, my hands smell AMAZING!!! The first one (Gnarly) wasnā€™t this strong. This one is going to be knock your socks off smoke!

12 Likes

Those trichomes say theyā€™re just on the edge of the ready window for my house, I would start watching them every three or four days and expect them to be ready within two weeks. I harvest with between 5 n 15% amber though. When I smoked I would let them go to around 50% and keep the top buds separate for nighttime buds and the rest for daytime (tops normally ripen first) Iā€™m sure you knew that

6 Likes

Nice. Almost go time

3 Likes

Hey @anon33684698 question you mention itā€™s dry there being winter and that white widow 5 is already dried - my question is when they dry quicker so you notice a drop in the terpenes and odor?? :grin::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Just so Iā€™m clear, we arenā€™t going with the cat urine and poop tray whatever name I came up with??

4 Likes

Hey thanks fellas. Yes I expect her to be ready within maybe a week or a tad more. Iā€™m no longer afraid to let some amber creep in, especially for the high Indica strains for myedical friends. Since I was too lazy last night, for an update now, she was at day 61 of flowering yesterday and I usually find my ladies are ready in the 8 to 10 week window, so Iā€™ll put aside time one arvo next week or even next weekend for choppy chop day :grin:
I think Iā€™ll keep some aside in my special (tiny) stash for me for those days when the pain kicks my butt, but Iā€™m going to be verrrrry careful with this strain :wink: Sheā€™s a sticky, sticky, and smelly lady! Not usually how I like my women, but for these girls I do make an exception :sweat_smile:

To answer your question @neofirebird you know, Iā€™d expect that too, but I just had my nose in my bud fridge and the White Widow smells really lovely and strong, as opposed to some of the other plants who just never smelled super strong as they grew, even if they got a long dry time. I completely know what youā€™re saying and I do aim for long dry times but sometimes the humidity just bottoms out and the buds are dry before I know it!

Ummm @Gremmall I think that name ā€œsomehowā€ slipped by the wayside :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@neofirebird sorry I didnā€™t quite finish off my thoughts thereā€¦
I suppose what Iā€™m saying is that if my plant has a nice strong smell to begin with, she still smells lovely and strong once jarred up despite a shorter dry. But if the plant didnā€™t begin with a super strong smell, say GP1 Gnarly, sheā€™s still nice, but not that knock your socks off smell.
Iā€™d expect that a quicker dry would negatively impact the Terps like youā€™re saying, but itā€™s kinda hard for me to tell since no two plants are exactly the same.

In the cooler/drier weather Iā€™m now being more cautious and pulling down hanging buds, trimming stems etc and placing in a ā€œbud trayā€ with another one inverted ontop of it to create a non-airtight but enclosed environment, and with a couple of hygrometers in with the buds and if it goes to within curing range within a few hours then Iā€™ll weigh and jar up to cure. If itā€™s too wet still then I can just easily take the top tray off for a little more drying time.
Then by the time I jar up, each jar gets a boveda pack (or if Iā€™ve accidentally over-dried the buds I whack 3 or 4 boveda packs in the jar to bring the RH back up slightly) and a hygrometer and then into the bud (wine) fridge for curing. Iā€™ve found if I do this process then Iā€™m not having to do the burping process each day, just a general check over every few days and the smells are amazing!

8 Likes

Thank you for the detailed answer and info. :grin::v:

3 Likes

Hey friends! Not only have I been neglecting my journal, Iā€™ve barely had the time and energy to tend to my babies. So to get my attention, so of my babies have decided itā€™d be a fantastic idea to go into flower SUPER early! Other than the two Northern Lights from the plant seeds, the other 5 babies are only 28 days old today, and two of them are in flower (GP and BK) and another one (WW) isnā€™t far off what Iā€™d call day 1 either!
Cheeky little girls!
Iā€™ve cleaned the big girls tent, removed Granddaddy Purple 2 into the iso tent in prep for chop as soon as we have time this week, and then brought all the babies over into the big tent.
I didnā€™t even have energy tonight for any more training even though they desperately need it, but I changed their nutes over to include flower nutes as well as the grow schedule. Itā€™ll be interesting trying to continue training on especially the Granddaddy Purple since sheā€™s so squat and already stacking up!

13 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry Iā€™m so far behind and got :monkey::briefs: ā€˜s
But that GDP is gonna be amazing. Itā€™s some of the best weed Iā€™ve ever smoked in more ways than one.
And your babies look beautiful. I tend to use feast or famine every now and then. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I bet there gonna be monster colas on those babies! :pray::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

makes 2 of us :expressionless:ā€¦
outstanding work sis @anon33684698 ā€¦ :ok_hand:ā€¦ :sunglasses: :v:

5 Likes

Hey thanks so much guys! Weā€™ve been so busy lately with wedding stuff, by the time I flop on the couch at night Iā€™m so mentally fatigued, I donā€™t even want to scroll on journals or social media :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

8 Likes

Lol know how that goes. Congrats on your big day! Enjoy as much of process as can :grin:. Goes by so fast

5 Likes

Congratulations on the big day. Still have time u know 2 run away lolā€¦ your girls will be fine just enjoy w.e time u have off relaxing

4 Likes