šŸŽ¶ When I grow up

Soā€¦ I only found those little maggot things on the one seed that wasnā€™t growing, but that could mean that they could be either in the potting mix or somewhere else in my grow tent yeah? Iā€™m going to throw that pot of soil out - should I throw out the rest of the bag of potting mix as well?

I can get some sticky traps locally but it looks like Mosquito Bits will have to be an online order so probably a week away at the least - so fingers crossed hard that the infection was contained only in that one pot??

So long as I got get any more failures with my remaining 5 plants, the way Iā€™m feeling today is Iā€™ll just stay on those til theyā€™re done then start a new grow with more plants. Thatā€™s now 2 of my Auto seeds that have gone to heaven at a cost of like $14 a pop :sob:

And yeah thanks heaps @Arrow, Iā€™m definitely interested in different ways to train the girls. Is it suitable for Autos? (eg not too stressful)

2 Likes

Get the stickys up and you should be good for pre warnings on them flying effersā€¦cook that soil ( black tarp or similar, wrap bag into that, place in the sun and cook the living crap out of it ) Lots of ways to manipulate these plantsā€¦ get some growing experience and read a lot ā€¦knowledge will always stand you in good favourā€¦ Keep it greenā€¦:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Hmmm I canā€™t go outside hereā€¦ zero privacy in my yard. But Iā€™ll get the sticky traps tomorrow and even though the Mosquito Bits arenā€™t in Aus, I found an equivalent product under a different name on ebay from a gardening store thatā€™s only 400km from my city. Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry when it comes to pests around my girls :purple_heart:

Posting this info here just in case any other Aussies are searching for it.

Mosquito Bits = Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis

3 Likes

Oh no @anon33684698! :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:
Hoping those little critters are just in that one seed and not managed to travel to anything else!.. keep us updated. xx

GIF image

1 Like

Never fear my friend, there are many ways to deal with bug issues, these guys are located in Australia, they offer a wide variety of predators. When I was struck with gnats, firstly I used DE Diotomateous Earth. Then I introduced the predator larvae a week later, 1 week later there was not one living herbivore bug left aliveā€¦

If indeed your grow is infestedā€¦

4 Likes

Oh great, thanks for that info @Enlightened420. Iā€™ve already paid for the product above but if these little buggers do appear Iā€™ll get onto that company straight away.

And yeah @CalamityJane thatā€™s what Iā€™m praying for! No idea how on earth this thing has appeared but yeah they all came OUT OF the seed!?

2 Likes

A bit more research has opened up a second diagnosis,
root maggots (possibly the same thing? IDK?) which fits the bill a bit more but also has a similar treatment. Shifty little buggers eating my seed! Iā€™ll show them! :joy::no_entry_sign:

3 Likes

@anon33684698 the products @Deepsix has suggested should get the job done. I always keep some yellow Stickyā€™s around .

2 Likes

If you can get some Diatomaceous Earth mix some in your potting soil and sprinkle some on top. Fine sand like play sand does the same thing. When the little buggers crawl over either one it chews them up.

1 Like

Not a problem my friend, happy to assist and just for my own personal curiosity, so I know when addressing, are you female or male @anon33684698? Iā€™m leaning towards female, but thought I would ask to be certain?

1 Like

@anon33684698 a little late to the party but id like to take along if you dont mind! Dig your setup! Stay Safe and Lit My Friend!! :fire::fire::fire::v::v:

2 Likes

Hey Enlightened Iā€™m a 38 years young lady-loving chic :purple_heart::rainbow_flag:

And yes please, join along @Ah-hee! Thanks very much for the compliment :+1::heart:

3 Likes

Hey @Ah-hee! Iā€™m loving your profile pic - itā€™s one of my favourite films :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Is this what you were asking about earlier? Sorry running a bit behind on the journals that I am following. My personal opinion is, that this would best be attempted with a photoperiod plant :v:

4 Likes

@anon33684698 thank you so much and no problem!! Glad to be tagging along!! Iove the lady-loving chic part! Go PRIDE!!! :purple_heart: i hugely support the LBGTQ community! Been my sister and her wifes # one supporters since day one, when others werenā€™t the nicest.

@CalamityJane thank you very much! One of my all time favorite movies too! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Whew sorry but all I can think other than $hit is - ahh Iā€™m in hydro. :grin::joy::v: Hang in there.

1 Like

Oh true @repins12 haha oh well Iā€™ve already well and truly started two of the girls on this style! We shall have to see how they go then :thinking: They seem to have found their feet, so to say and just absolutely powering on. Every time I open the tent (usually twice a day) I can visibly see growth since the last time! They are at 20DLI in the centre of the tent and I have the smaller ones pushed to the outer corners. I found some other little bugs under the domes yesterday (and didnā€™t get to the hardware store to grab the yellow stickies) so Iā€™ve removed the domes on the two babies at 8 and 13 days old to let the soil dry out in case they were bad bugs - and was worried Iā€™d find disaster this morning but theyā€™re powering on as well!

Hey thanks for your love and support @Ah-hee it really means a lot to me :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

@CalamityJane @Ah-hee I quote Corpse Bride all the damn time! (among other movies) Drives my Mrs nuts! :joy: Upstairs! I didnā€™t know we had an upstairs! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Gotta love a good quotable movie @Ah-hee
:grin::+1:

2 Likes

@anon33684698 you can quote movies with and @CalamityJane anytime!! Judgement free zone here! I love all quoteable movies and some shows :rofl::joy::rofl:

Whatā€™s this?
The streets are lined with little creatures laughing
Everybody seems so happy
Have I possibly gone daffy?
What is this?
Whatā€™s this?

2 Likes

Iā€™m certain I know, of which movie you speak, alas I cannot place itā€¦
Just kidding, I love that movie :heart_eyes:

3 Likes