šŸŽ¶ When I grow up

OK thanks Kap. No opinion on which option is best? :purple_heart:

1 Like

Oh OK thanks Fergus! I find itā€™s those last couple of weeks that pumps out the smells! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Personally, Iā€™d try the camping tent :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Yep I canā€™t agree more with you about how open my yard is! You can walk around 3 side of my property and itā€™s only a paling fence with the usual gaps in between. ZERO privacy.

OK so letā€™s scrap the going outside idea all together then.

So that leaves my available options with switch big tent to 12/12 or put Blue Dream in camping toilet with blurple.

I canā€™t get past the feeling (and please, no offense whatsoever to @MrPeat) that running at only 12 hours on compared to the 18 theyā€™ve been getting has to reduce yield in some way??

I wonder is it worth dragging out the blurple and doing a lux measurement on it?

2 Likes

You should take a look at Mr Peatā€™s journal

5 Likes

She would be surprised and amazed :clap::heart_eyes::smirk:

3 Likes

@anon33684698 Yupā€¦read my current topic. Iā€™m not offended.

12/12 only with good lights and a good green thumb you maybe surprised what can happen. I am a anomaly thoā€¦:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@MrPeat @kaptain3d @AfgVet @Enlightened420 @dbrn32 @Nicky and anyone else who knows their lightsā€¦

Can someone please explain to me how taking 6 whole hours of light off my girls a day (if I turn the big tent to 12/12) ISNā€™T going to reduce yield on all of my plants? Iā€™m not arguing, just trying to understand.

We crank the lights up as much as the plants will tolerate, many people defoliate to get light into the centre of the plants etcā€¦ I just canā€™t wrap my head around how reducing light can not negatively affect them is all? :pray::purple_heart:

1 Like

Haha anomoly and not the norm, I get ya :heart_eyes::ok_hand:

Iā€™m reading through the topic Kap put up above and am about half way through already. Looks like you had to start again several times due to weather?

Can I please ask: what yields do you normally pull off Autos under your 12/12 schedule?

1 Like

Can you remove the green shade cloth off the top of the green house roof.
Let lots of over head sunshine in.
Otherwise your camping tent idea sounds good
@anon33684698

2 Likes

Nice idea but no not feasible, sorry mate. That shade cloth is cut to size and stretched to a million zippy ties to be that neat on the top. Itā€™s on my to-do list to fix the rest. Iā€™m not going to do whatā€™s already there.

2 Likes

Autos I get about 2oz on 12/12. I am starting to think it does matter how much light it gets. Not for flowering. But for packing on the weight.

Now compare it to one of my small Photos right now. Her Cola is 16ā€ tall by 4ā€ wide. Her main branch is only 3/8ā€ wide. No support on that section. No silica. Nothing to strengthen my stems and branches. Less than 1 lb dried, cured and no stems.

Now one one my monsters will get over 7ā€™ tall by 8ā€™ wide and then some. I had to learn how to grow horizontal and not vertical. 1+ lb dried, cured and no stems.

Now one of my super monsters will hit 8ā€™ plus tall and over 8ā€™ wide. Grows out of my 4x4 tent. This can yield 1+ lbs dried, cured and no stems.

I hate Autos with a passion. I like full control. My current baby has only been feed once. She is still growing strong. I think I am about 4 weeks out.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for putting all that info together for me and youā€™ve well and truly answered my question. I only run Autos because I like the flexibility of continuous supply, and ahhhhhh, not to be a smart arse or anything but (and absolute full credit to this forum and everyoneā€™s guidance) I havenā€™t gotten less than 4oz off all of my Autos.

So I guess Blue Dream is going camping!

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to dive into it because your my last reply before I finally get some cod warzone time in but lolā€¦

Basically the photos and the autos have different genetics, which help them do different things with lights on /lights off.
Follow DLI charts and do the best you can in that 12hr.

Autos donā€™t benefit from dark periods like photos do because of how they evolved.

6 Likes

Mind you this is just spit balling off the top of my head. We had our Central AC go down so I had a little bad luck with the high heat here. My prime growing is Oct/Now to April. I do have a window ac to cool the room now so that helped a lot. We alao had our power turned off for 70 hrs 9 mins which was long enough to cause Foxtails to form.

Once I find my misplaced seeds I will porbably start some Autos in the newer 15 gallon bag with FFOF and too dressed with FFHF soil that I need to deplete nutrients out. Then work on my final bag so I can frun all of FF Dirty Dozen with 2 others not in the kit.

2 Likes

You should get 3-4 oz off autos in soil maybe a bit mroe with larger strains.

2 Likes

This was my first experiences that successfully grew for me. I never weigh when its less than 64oz Mason Jar and both of then was just 1 jar each. :relieved::relieved::relieved:

2 Likes

Thanks so very much guys! :pray:

I do believe Iā€™ve come to a decisionā€¦ Sheā€™s a going camping with the blurple :rofl:

Her yield will be what it will be. Iā€™m not prepared to have other plants yields drop because one plantā€™s auto genes failed. I also wonā€™t do another BD seed this year with all the meticulous planning I have to do around the timing of the wedding. Letā€™s hope that itā€™s just one seed in the batch of 20 I got that the auto gene fails in. Because itā€™ll be November this year until I drop another, and I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll have a leg to stand on after that long amount of time if a second BD plant doesnā€™t autoflower (eg ILGM send me more seeds)

4 Likes

Daily light integral. Basically says that there is point where the relationship between more light or more time is ineffective. Call it similar to maximum amount of energy plant can process. If you are hovering around this point on 18 hour schedule, reducing to 12 hour schedule is a decrease of about 33% in time. You can get back to same DLI by increasing amount of light by 33%.

This is cheap partial explanation, but does it at least somewhat make sense? This is the same reason you will repetitively see veg space with smaller light than flower space. It doesnā€™t necessarily take more light to flower cannabis, it takes more light to cover the reduction in time required for short day plant to flower well.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s absolutely does make sense thanks!
And is actually along the lines my brain was headed with it - this why I kept bugging you experts for an answer soz! :pray:

Problem is that I have that HLG600R at just a twitch off full bore when on the 18 hours. The last tiny bit of power I can eek out of the light will surely not compensate for the loss of the 6 hours. Iā€™d have to redo my par measurements to tell you exactly what DLI sheā€™s running at currently in the different spots around the tent, but suffice to say I have it as high as the ladies seem to like it and they are producing what I consider to be excellent yields.

So Blue Dream will get the blurple I had when I first started and what she yields, she yields :person_shrugging:
And I can rest assured that Iā€™m not messing with the yields of my other 7 plants :blue_heart:

4 Likes