When does the timeline start?

Newbie question, my friends. When does the “official” timeline for a grow begin? At germination? When transplanted into growing medium? When sprouts appear?

3 Likes

What are you looking to time?

My timing in veg starts when they break soil. My flower time line starts when I flip them to 12/12.

4 Likes

I start counting as soon as I get true leaves present.

2 Likes

I start “counting” as soon as the seedlings break through the soil, I consider veg to start when I get true leaves. I start “counting” flower when I flip to 13/11 but don’t consider them in flower until I see “buttons” forming at about 9 or ten days after flipping.

I don’t use any of these numbers to determine when to harvest, I just use them so that I have a common reference from one grow to the next so that I can be consistent with how I manage the plants.

6 Likes

So true.

1 Like

Same here. Every day is accounted for in veg or flower. There are no days that don’t count toward one or the other.

3 Likes

In my short expierance I dont even count time anymore. Each plant seems to be on it’s own time frame so I watch the plant as a seedling and when it big enough (to me) I transplant. When the TDS readings reach 800/1000 I start feeding, when pre flowers show I flip lights, when tricome get where I want them I chop. Time seems irrelevant.

3 Likes

I still have no idea…I don’t necessarily need a timeline… Just an outline… Of when to do something different… Lol… Whether it’s the light schedule, the watering amount, when to use the nutrients?
:flushed: