When does the plant transition from the seedling stage to the vegetative stage?

I want you all to know, I am growing lots of Tomatoes and peppers from seed as well, but these girls are the prettiest by far, lol.

2 Likes

Are you growing Autos or photos in these? And, how large do they get?

1 Like

Photos, and generally not any larger than I need them to. If you don’t mess with them the plants will just get a little bigger than diameter of pot and be maybe 18-24" tall by end of transition.

Plant size is more a product of the amount of time you spend vegging, growing method, and plant health than anything else. Growing a large plant in a small pot can be taxing, but a lot of times a big plant can be more taxing even if it’s in a large pot.

3 Likes

Lol, so much to learn

1 Like

The White Widows in their new home

3 Likes

They look happy!

They were transplanted today, and moved one of the grow lights over them

After almost 4 days after transplanting, one plants leaves are turning yellowish? The soils is 50/50 HF and OF, with the OF in the bottom half. They are still in what’s left of the pea pots and I did Score them before planting in their final home . I watered initially fairly well with PH corrected water, no nutes. yesterday I gave them just a touch of water, but this one plant has been doing this for a couple of days. It is a WW by the way. The other two look better, so at a loss as to what might be happening. They have been in the pea pots longer than they should have, in Happy Frog. Could it be they need some nutes? since the roots are not in the new soil yet I am pretty sure.Thanks

2 Likes

And this is an early morning picture, cool night outside the greenhouse, around 28F, and I forgot to turn the electric heaters on last night. The gas backup heat hopefully saved the day, as it was in the 50’s this morning. I had just transplanted a bunch of tomatoes and peppers from peat pots to bigger containers. Sometimes you can’t cure stupid, lol.

You won’t need nutes for several weeks until you get closer to flowering since you’ve just transplanted into HF/OF. Giving it more nutes will cause further problems.

The yellowed growth where there is damage to the leaves won’t recover. Monitor your ladies for new growth to gauge her health.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Could be any one or more of a number of things. I would suspect nute burn before I would suspect a nute deficiency. The temps definitely didn’t help.

No, it has been doing this for a couple of days now, with normal temps in the greenhouse. I mentioned the temps because all my veggies were droopy this morning as well. It has been in the pea pot, where most of it still is, with no nutes added. You can see earlier pictures when they were planted in the larger growpots.

Some of your girls had a fairly serious case of nute burn just 5 days ago. I would give them time and watch for new growth.

Ok, I thought they looked pretty good, but I am new so I will take your word for it, thanks. Should I flush them with lots of water? btw, the bag of miracle grow you see in the pics a few days ago is not for the girls, but for the peppers and tomatoes. I have only used a very small amount of ILGM seedling fertilizer a couple of times while coming up in the pea pots.

I don’t know that I would flush them since you have HF in the top half of your bags. HF has plenty of nutes, but it isn’t all that hot.

Let’s monitor them for new growth. If you are getting healthy new growth over the coming days then they will probably pull through just fine. They may be a little shocked at this point and stall for a few days while they recover and put down more roots. It will be normal.

Tag me as you post new pics in the coming days and I’ll be happy to help you monitor them.

Thank you, I just checked them again in better light. All the new growth looks very good. How do I tag you? I would love the help

Like this → @jetlag

@FixerPower

Got it, and will do, thanks again