When does leaf yellowing begin naturally during flowering?

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? Indoor, 3x3x5ish
  2. Otigin of seeds? Jack47 ILGM
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Auto
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? City Tap, PH 8ish, TDS unk currently
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? 6.8-7, unkown tds currently
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. - Soil. FFHF
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. - Natures Autoflower Concentrate, calmag, molasses
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Viparspectra 2000w
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? 80-84 Day / 75-80 Night
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? 50-60 RH (trying to get it down)
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? No AC :(, No humidifier, De-humidifier yes
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? 4"
  13. Co2 Yes / No? No
  14. How long have you been growing? 3rd Grow
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? In the middle. Not cheap, not expensive
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other? N/A

Below is my Jack47 from ILGM. She is 5 weeks and 5 days into flowering. I know it’s common for leaves to yellow at the end of flowering…how soon does that normally take place? I’m currently giving her calmag w/ water at a ph of 7 (runoff is currently 6.5) and every 4th watering, I mix in molasses, cal mag, and some of the autoflower concentrate that I had extra of. (this was recommended by Natures Living Soil)

Oh, and she has had one flush in about week 2ish of flowering. The folks at Natures Living Soil recommended the mini flush and to continue with the molasses, cal mag, and concentrate treatment. Which I’m still doing.

I contacted them again with the below photos and they told me to just ride it out now and stop with the calmag. Thoughts/suggestions? Thank you!!

You look to be showing Nitrogen excess and some kind of deficiency: first suggestion is cut nutes back by 50%. Do not PH your liquid any higher than 7.0 regardless of runoff PH.

N excess will cause dark leaves, clawing, and small flower.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

YES! Nitrogen excess was my original problem I think. Dark green leaves, curling, all the signs. Switched my cal mag due to the nitrogen content in the other bottle I had. By giving her a PH of 7, I was hoping to raise her PH to about 6.8. But based on what you said, I’ll start to water at 6.8 instead. Makes sense.

Thank you again!

Oh and @Myfriendis410 , when does natural yellowing normally occur in your opinion? The last week or so? I feel like my girl has at least 3 weeks left. Haven’t even started looking at trichs. Waiting for more pistils to mature first.

Fan leaves start to yellow and get released by the plant starting 2 to 3 weeks into flower and progresses throughout flowering. I usually do a defoliation around week 3 of flower and then manage as I see leaves yellowing.

Plant needs much less N during flower as it’s not producing meaningful amount of green plant material: focus rather on P and K to promote good flower production.

The suggestion to cut back on nutes is based on being an autoflowering plant. Normally require less than photoperiods.

Very helpful, thank you so much! I will for sure cut back on the nutes as suggested :slight_smile:

1 Like