When do most people start planning the next grow?

So I am a few weeks away from cutting. I know it will also take a while to dry and a few weeks to cure. Do most people wait until they see how the product come out before planning next grow? My first thoughts is doing only one plant in a larger pot as it will be easier to maintain in a small tent but I have not. really planned yet. Would it be to early at this point?

1 Like

I start the next plants about 4-6 weeks before harvest. Dont want the tent empty.
So planning the next grow starts very soon after planting.

5 Likes

I plant the next grow’s seeds a couple of weeks before harvesting the prior grow. The new plant won’t care about the light cycle for a good 4 weeks, so it’s a good time to start seed.

5 Likes

Perpetual grows never end. Always switching tents to accommodate plants that want to be flowered.

4 Likes

The responses have soothing sounds. Perpetual grow and starting before finishing sounds fun. This started as a practice grow and it looks like I could pull it off. So was just thinking ahead.

2 Likes

Yup, jump in with both feet! I’m constantly thinking about ‘the next one’

3 Likes

Last summer I started seeds in my flowering tent 2 weeks before harvest. Same thoughts, minimize downtime.

4 Likes

You’ll need some time to grieve the death of your plants and to take care of all the funeral arrangements like Is it going to be cremated or not and how is it going to be preserved.

1 Like

Actually it will be bittersweet. It never seemed like a chore mixing nuts and using the meters. As nobody knew about the secret garden it was almost taboo in nature. I found it relaxing (although a challenge). Best not to jinx myself as today is day 70 from sprout on GGAF and this will be a long several weeks. I guess I will always remember first grow.

Start planning? Once I flip to 12/12. Start doing? About 2 weeks before harvest.

The day mine start flowering I plant my next seeds. Usually 8 weeks before harvest.

I usually have my next 3 or 4 grows planned out and get plants ready to move into the flowering tent as soon as it’s available, perpetual growing is the way with harvests every 8-10 weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks. So if I have a small 27x27 and start one auto and six weeks latter start another do you think that could work? I know I am getting ahead of myself as first grow still needs a few weeks but want to get something going when I take a plant for drying. I don’t think I will harvest all at same time so space will open up.

Yes that should work, just have another plant vegged up and ready to fill the space when you pull a plant out to harvest.

1 Like

I start new seeds as soon as my veg plants go into the flower room. If I’m growing sativas, I’ll wait a few weeks.

I am doing auto flowers so you only have 8 weeks from seed to harvest so your planning needs to be done far in advance. Like get a calendar in advance. Photos take so long to grow just when ever probably

Auto’s are not 8 weeks from seed to harvest. 8 weeks from whenever they go to flower is a good “rough” approximation.

So add at least (give or take) 4 weeks of veg growth to that (from sprout). 12 weeks for autos will get you in a rough ballpark and still have variability.

3 Likes

Pretty much all the time. I put hours of research and time into strains during the grow I am doing. Right now we are in the process of researching what strains we want to grow commercially should we be able to get our producers license in October. It is a nice evening past time for me. I am kind of a farming nerd, so strain genetics etc., is something I can spend hours on.

2 Likes