When do I start adding nutes

I’m just about to get started growing for 1st time…When do I start adding nutes to my plants… I have FFOF potting soil…And FF trio liquid nutrients…Do I need to add any other dry nutes?..and can anyone recommend a dosing and schedule chart to roughly go by?..I am going to grow Zkittlez, gelato and wedding cake autoflowers…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Start with half

1 Like

@Oldschool82 Cool😎…Thanks… I have been researching and there are so many different techniques it’s rather confusing… I just want to have a successful harvest…

1 Like

I’m here if ya need anything

I top and LST

6 Likes

@Oldschool82 I appreciate the advice…I plan on LST my girls…not sure about topping yet…I’m waiting on rest of my equipment and seeds so I’ll keep reading and watching videos until I’m ready to go…

1 Like

hfof already contains lots of nutrients, you shouldn’t have to add any of the fox farm trio for a few weeks (4-5 at least). Get yourself a bottle of calmag and add to every watering at 3ml/g. Once it’s time to add nutrients, start with 1/4 - 1/2 and see how they respond.

6 Likes

Agreed with dave , you have awhile before adding any nutes

3 Likes

Ocean Forest good soil as @Dave101 mentioned contains lots of nutes. I have had ocean Forest Carry My plants up close to flowering stage without feeding any nutes.

4 Likes

CalMag all the way to the left. Fox Farm has a good one by the name of Gringo I think.

2 Likes

I used the gringo for the first time my last grow it seemed to be a good product.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, I’m also on my first grow. I’m growing in fox farms happy frog and I’m 5 weeks plus 3 days in.
I have only added cal mag and two feedings of recharge, but none of the trio products yet.
My ppm last watering was still in the 3000 range. I’d wait awhile before adding any, but that’s just what I’ve read and been told.
Search the forums and read as much as possible, you’ll find all the answers you need here and more!

2 Likes

Also I just noticed what you’re set to grow. I’m interested in seeing how they go for you. I’ve been kicking around the idea of ordering that mix.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, they say wait for 4 weeks before adding anything but I have seen where it is more like 6 weeks because that soil is so enriched. Especially if your not watering to run off early to wash out nutrients and salts.

2 Likes

Add 30% perlite to your soil, cannabis thrives in airey soil.

As others have said no nutrients needed until week 4+ you’ll want a tds and ph pen, water with Ph’d water at 6.5 and when your at week 4 give enough water so it pours out the bottom 20%
Check the tds of that water.
Your going to want to keep your tds above 1200 in order to ensure its getting enough food

3 Likes

@Tinman @kellydans @anon86641082 @Caveman86 @SKORPION Thanks for the advice…Appreciate it!..:v::sunglasses::+1:
@Caveman86 I will let you know how that mix works out…Still waiting on seeds to arrive…

4 Likes

What he said!! Nicky has yet to steer me wrong!!!

2 Likes